SPORTS TRIVIA NIGHT
Practice round #1
Our 2nd annual Sports Trivia Night Fundraiser is set for Friday, June 15, beginning at 7:00 pm in our air conditioned school gym. The cost is $100 per person
or $500 for a team of 5-8.
The fee includes pizza, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. You may bring your own beer and wine.
The winning team gets their choice of a free foursome in the Peter and Paul Golf Outing or a table for 8 at next year's Auction.
Each week we'll provide you with some sports trivia questions to help prepare your group for the 'real deal.' Let's see how well you do today!
1. Which college has won the most NCAA Ice Hockey championships?
Michigan North Dakota Boston Univeristy
2. What male tennis player has won the most Grand Slam titles?
Ivan Lendl Roger Federer John McEnroe
3. Where did the sport of curling originate?
Scotland Ireland Switzerland
4. What quarterback has played in the most Super Bowls?
Jim Kelly Peyton Manning Tom Brady
5. Which major league pitcher holds the record for the most complete games in his career?
Sandy Koufax Cy Young Nolan Ryan
6. Which country won the first World Cup?
Germany Spain Uruguay
7. Who is the most decorated Olympian of all time? Michael Phelps Jim Thorpe Carl Lewis
8. Which college football position receives the Jim Thorpe award?
Running back Defensive back Linebacker
9. What was the first sport televised in the US?
10. Who is the only college football player to win the Heisman Trophy twice?
Red Grange Archie Griffin
11. Which professional sports league's championship trophy is called the Podoloff Cup?
12. In golf, what do you call a score of four under par on any given hole?
13. What is the national summer sport of Canada?
Lacrosse Curling Fishing
14. Who is the only person to play in an NFL and MLB game in the same day?
Bo Jackson Deion Sanders Dave DeBusschere
15. Which athlete has appeared on the most Sports Illustrated covers?
16. Which U.S. sports team has been in the same city and had the same name for the longest time?
New York Yankees Boston Celtics Philadelphia Phillies
17. Who was the first non-American to win the Master's? Ernie Els Nick Faldo Gary Player
18. Who is the first NFL player to rush for 2,000 yards in a
O.J. Simpson Emmet Smith Walter Payton
19. Name the only coach who won both the Rose Bowl and
Barry Switzer Dick Vermeil Jimmie Johnson
20. Which of these players did not make it into the baseball Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility?
17-20 You're going to be a force to be reckoned with.
14-16 Nobody should bet against you.
12-15 Start cramming.
11 or less Dress well so at least you'll look good.