The ice is breaking up, and Minnesota Waters and the DNR want to educate dock installers, boat movers, fishing guides, and other people working on the lakes how they can prevent the spread of Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS). We've scheduled a number of early-season workshops for these professionals so they can start summer "in the know" about AIS.
Help prevent the spread of AIS by helping us reach Lake Service Providers in your area
- Send us contact info for the Lake Service Provider you use or know about
- Put fliers up on your community bulletin board
- Post this notice in your lake association newsletter
- Forward this notice to your email contacts
If your group would like to advertise the regional training, we can supply the press release, informational flyer and email invitation.
At these workshops, Lake Service Providers can:
- Receive new certification
- Learn up-to-date info on regional AIS infestations
- Learn the current regulations that apply to moving boats, docks, lifts and equipment
- Learn the best strategies to remove AIS
- Learn how to work with the DNR, regional lake associations and Minnesota Waters to prevent the spread of AIS