Are Storms Causing Drainage Issues at Your Cemetery?
Across much of the country, it has been a very rainy spring. The high amounts of rain has caused drainage issues for many of our clients. Ramaker & Associates have the expertise to provide services necessary related to your cemetery's existing drainage concerns. We perform topographic surveying services to determine existing conditions, as well as roadway design, storm drainage grading and piping design, stormwater detention facility design, irrigation piping design, and cemetery plot layouts.
An interesting project of note includes Mt. Olivet Cemetery in Wisconsin. The cemetery's management group was ready to expand the next section of their burial plots but realized rainwater was pooling in a large portion of the land area. They contacted RAMAKER for an existing conditions topographic survey and grading improvement design. The topographic survey revealed why the low spot was causing these flooding issues, and allowed our designers to generate construction plans for the cemetery to fix the problem with their in-house maintenance staff. In addition, RAMAKER worked with the management team to design the burial plot layout for the expansion and performed the monument staking to layout the burial plots at the site.
One other unique project, also in Wisconsin, was our work with Graceland Cemetery. They owned approximately 30-acres of wooded area north of their existing cemetery and were ready for an expansion but did not know how much they could develop or how many additional burial plots they would generate through expansion. Working as part of a design team, RAMAKER performed the storm drainage and grading design, permitting coordination and construction staking services for the expansion of the area, resulting in over 12,000 additional burial plots, improved drainage for the cemetery, and future construction of a mausoleum.
Please visit our website if you'd like more information on how RAMAKER can help fix your cemetery's drainage problems! If you have any questions, anyone on the CIMS team can point you in the right direction, or call our office at (608) 643-4100. We'd be happy to talk to you if your cemetery has any questions or needs!
Welcome, Tim Annear
Recently. Tim Annear joined us as a GIS Analyst! Tim will be helping out with cemetery mapping projects and technical support. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in GIS. He's been working in the geospatial field ever since. For the first few years after school he traveled the country collecting, analyzing, and delivering transportation
data for different state Departments of Transportation. While
doing so, he traveled to 39 different states and most of the major Hawaiian islands. While not working or traveling, he enjoys running
aying sports, camping, and cheering for his favorite Wisconsin sports teams! We're excited to have Tim join the team, and are confident his expertise will make him a valuable asset to the CIMS team.
- All Saints Catholic Church
- Alvarado Glenwood Cemetery Assn., Inc.
- Amherst Cemetery Association/Wildwood Cemetery
- Bellefontaine Cemetery Association
- Berlin Municipal Cemetery
- Bethlehem Cemetery Association
- Campbell County Cemetery District
- City of Apopka, FL
- City of Austin Parks and Recreation
- City of Belle Fourche
- City of Clermont - Oakhill Cemetery
- City of Columbus - Hillside Cemetery
- City of Dublin
- City of Manitowoc - Evergreen Cemetery
- City of Maumee - Maumee Administration Riverside Cemetery
- City of Neillsville
- City of New Bern
- City of Nisswa
- City of North Royalton
- City of Perry, OK - Grace Hill Cemetery
- City of Sturgis
- Colebrook Center Cemetery
- College Mound Cemetery Association
- Cottage Grove Cemetery
- Elma Cemetery Association
- Elmwood Cemetery Company
- Emanu El Memorial Park / Houston, TX
- Fairview Cemetery Association
- Fletcher Cemetery
- Forest Hill Union Cemetery
- Garrett Township Cemeteries
- Hickory Point Township
- Hillcrest Cemetery Maintenance District
- Hummelstown Cemetery Association
- Independence Cemetery District
- Johnson County Cemetery District - Willow Grove Cemetery
- Kaneville Township Cemetery
- Lanark Cemetery Association
- Mountain View Cemetery - Rock Springs, WY
- North Isanti Baptist Church
- Oaklawn Cemetery - North Manchester, IN
- Oakwood Cemetery Association - Waco, TX
- OLPH Catholic Cemetery - Selma, TX
- Oronoco Cemetery
- Oroville Cemetery District
- South Park Cemetery - Greensburg, IN
- Spurgeon Cemetery
- SS. Peter & Paul Parish Cemetery
- St Mary of the Lakes Cemetery
- St Timothy's Parish
- St. Aloysius Cemetery / Divine Mercy Parish
- St. Francis Borgia Cemetery - Cedarburg, WI
- St. Francis Borgia Cemetery - Washington, MO
- St. John's Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery - Dodgeville
- St. Mary Church & Cemetery
- St. Michael and St. Joseph Cemetery
- Tavares Cemetery
- The Hebrew Cemetery Association of Charlotte, NC
- The Scottdale Cemetery
- The Temple - Congregation Adath Israel Brith Sholom
- Town of Erie, CO - Mount Pleasant Cemetery
- Town of Sandisfield
- Trinity Cemetery Inc.
- Tuscola Township Cemetery
- Union Cemetery - Suffern, NY
- Union Cemetery Association
- US Air Force Academy Cemetery
- Vandalia City Cemetery
- Village of Cayuga - Lakeview Cemetery
- Village of Dundee - Hillside Cemetery
- Village of Firth
- Village of Montour Falls
- Village of Northbrook
- Village of Oregon-Prairie Mound Cemetery
- West Newton Cemetery
The CIMS User Group Conference will be
Thursday October 3, 2019
at the Wilderness in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
Keep an eye out for an email from us soon with more details & information on how to register!
Farewell, Rachel Tygum!
You may have noticed that Rachel Tygum has moved on from Ramaker & Associates. She is devoting her time to working at her family business and spending more time with her kids. She will be greatly missed and we are so grateful for her many years of service here at Ramaker. Her expertise was greatly valued, and we hope you join us in wishing her the best in her future pursuits!
Want more information on how you can move to CIMS Cloud?