I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession
and thanksgiving be made for everyone. I Timothy 2:1
From our MNA Vision Statement...
ission to N
merica exists to celebrate the gospel of Jesus in the US and Canada by coming alongside the local and regional church in church planting
, missional partnerships
and church renewal
Prayer is essential to discovering the will and call of God in fulfilling this vision, as well as appropriating the necessary power for carrying out this call. As we partner together in prayer and in ministry, by God's grace, we will be used by Him to fulfill this great vision.
Here you will find prayer requests for the current quarter. Please join with us at MNA in praying for these churches, our dedicated church planters and other ministries God is using to extend His Kingdom here in North America.
Church Planter Adam Viramontes of
Mosaic Church in
Albuquerque NM as they organize as a particular church in February! God has worked in powerful ways in the three years they have been open. Please pray that the Lord will strengthen and equip the elders of the church for faithful ministry for generations to come.
Please pray for the MNA Engaging Disability staff and the individuals and families touched by disability whom they serve:
- Pray that congregations will recognize the impact of disability on families in their midst and faithfully come alongside with support and encouragement. Pray that family members and caregivers of people with disabilities will know that in the Lord, their labor is known and is not in vain. (1 Cor. 15:58)
- Praise God for technology that allows us to connect with congregations throughout North America and beyond. Pray that our bimonthly online trainings, as well as teaching at ESTABLISHED Children's Ministry and Leadership Training conferences, will spur others to love and serve families and individuals affected by disability. (Heb. 10:24)
- Pray that as churches prepare for summer VBS, they will anticipate and plan ahead to include children with disabilities. Pray that this will support families in churches and be an effective outreach to families affected by disability in their communities.
Join with Church Planter Eric Ashley of Parks Church PCA in Nashville TN in praising God that on January 27 they celebrated the one-year anniversary of the launch of public worship services. In the Fall they prayed specifically for an increased community presence and an expanded demographic within the church. God answered in exciting and unexpected ways! This Spring, they ask specifically for prayer for (a) an expanding heart for and practice of hospitality and (b) that the Lord will incorporate many new regular attenders into the life and ministry of the church. Please continue to also pray for the gospel to take root in "the Nations" area of Nashville - for Parks Church to embrace, embody, and extend God's mission where they live, love, and labor.
Please pray for Church Planter Recruiting Director Alan Foster as he works to recruit new church planters, to place those looking for the right place to plant, and to help locations looking for a church planter. Specifically pray for:
- More men to come forward to plant churches. The need of the hour is for more laborers, and the need is great.
- Planters for major cities like Los Angeles CA, Houston TX, Boston MA, Atlanta GA, New York NY.
- Planters for cities having regional influence, where the PCA has the fewest churches, like Cleveland OH, Little Rock AR, Louisville KY, and Mobile AL.
- Church planters who are committed to crosscultural ministry among the diverse cultures in North America.
February 24-March 2
Paul said, "... but God gave the growth." Praise the Lord with Church Planter David Young for what the Lord has done with Riverside PCA in Beaumont TX. Before Hurricane Harvey flooded this area, the Lord provided for them to buy an abandoned church building downtown. This disaster delayed their schedule but the Lord provided the funds to begin renovation. Now he has blessed them with the completion of the first phase of renovations, and they had their first service there on December 23. Pray for them as they prepare for an open house on March 3. Keep praying for the Lord to continue "to give the growth."
Join with Church Planter John St. Martin of Resurrection Church in Fargo ND in praising God for their first church members! These members will take their public vows, and there will be several baptisms, at the church's first ever worship service on February 24. Please pray that Resurrection's new midweek Bible studies and monthly preview worship services will continue to build momentum by reaching new people, unifying their community, and encouraging them to grow in their love for Christ and the gospel. Pray for their financial needs, especially as the addition of new ministries has increased their expenses.
Please pray for Church Planter Todd Johnson and Hope Presbyterian Church in Crozet VA. They have been worshipping for five years and hope to organize as a particular church this year, but (1) candidates for ruling elder leadership are scarce and (2) a few additional families would be ideal. Please pray for God to answer these two needs.
Please pray for MNA SecondCareer Ministry Director Gary Ogrosky as well as for the volunteers, staff, and church planters and ministries they are supporting. Specifically:
- Praise God for the growing awareness in our PCA congregations that MNA SecondCareer provides opportunities for adults of all ages to serve in missions, often without leaving home. Pray that more churches and individuals will be moved to partner with us by serving.
- Pray that prayer and financial support will continue to grow, enabling MNA SecondCareer to serve more needs and be more effective servants. Specifically, we ask for 50 new prayer warriors and a gift of $5,000 to cover the administrative costs of our new volunteer staff.
- Pray that God will lead more individuals to step forward to serve as leaders in MNA SecondCareer, allowing the ministry to be even more effective in both identifying mission opportunities and in finding the volunteers to serve.
Praise God for his work in and through
King's Cross Church in
Ashburn VA. Pray for
Church Planter Paul May and his wife Meaghan as they labor there, that the gospel will flourish in their church, in their marriage and family, and among the nonbelievers God has placed in their lives. Please pray for them also as they search for a new worship leader, and as they consider other staffing needs. Finally, pray that God woill provide all their needs.
Join Church Planter Brian Hough of Manhattan Presbyterian Church in Manhattan KS in praising God for the donor interested in purchasing a building for the church. Pray that the donor's concerns will be answered and the donation will move forward. Pray that God will build his church and prepare the hearts of the congregation for whatever outcome is his will.
Please pray with Ted Powers, MNA Church Planting Coordinator, for the biggest need in church planting - laborers for the harvest. Ask that God will lead many to pursue church planting, and that through them people will be reached with the gospel.
- At any one time, there are approximately 200 PCA church plants at various stages of development across North America. Pray for them in their development, their gospel focus, and their zeal in outreach.
- At any one time, there are 40- 50 PCA church planting apprenticeships in process. Most are a two to three year training process to prepare for church planting. Pray for the personal spiritual development of the apprentice as well as for their eventual church plants. There are numerous places where church planting apprentices could be placed, and many places that would benefit from a PCA church, but not enough apprentices to meet the demand.
- Pray for the MNA Church Planter Assessment Center scheduled for April 23-26; that every candidate called and qualified will move towards church planting and that resources needed to do so will be available through the generosity of donors.
- Pray for the summer church planting internship program in place in three different seminary locations open to students who participate in a weekend MNA Church Planter Readiness Seminar. The internship, funded by generous donors, allows each intern/couple to spend 8 weeks in a church plant to hone their skills and "try on" the planting environment to learn more about themselves and their potential call to plant.
Join Church Planter Chad Baudhuin of All Saints Church in Green Bay WI in praising God for cultivating grace-dependence among the church's committed mission team and for increasing student attendance as they meet on the campus of UW-Green Bay. Ask for God's continued financial provision and for his word to continue to encourage and challenge them. Pray that God will prepare the hearts of the mission team to receive new visitors with hospitality and grace and faithfully share the gospel with their neighbors. Pray for God to provide a new Director of Music and also for an increase in the external financial support needed to meet their budget. Pray that the membership classes will be an effective avenue and means for discipleship, as a number of people will be joining the church in April.
March 31-April 6
Join with Church Planter
of Harbor Presbyterian Church in Elizabeth City NC in praising God for their congregation's continued numerical and spiritual growth. Join him in thanking God for their ability to purchase a church building in the downtown area. Pray for the capital campaign that will begin this spring for renovations to the property, and pray that this project will serve their mission of evangelism and discipleship and not be a distraction. Pray that all will see their deep need for Jesus and grow in their dependency on the Spirit.
Please pray for
MNA Native American & First Nations Ministries Coordinator Jeb Bland as well as for the ministries and church planting work among indigenous people. In particular, please remember:
- Jonas Patterson, a student at Westminster Seminary who will graduate in May. He is a Native Hawaiian and he and his family are planning to plant a church among Hawaiians on his home island of Kauai. Pray for Jonas as he moves toward ordination. He will become our fourth ordained Native American Teaching Elder.
- Pray for Greg Baney (our third ordained Native American Teaching Elder) who hopes to plant a church among Native Americans living in the Southeast.
- Continue to pray for Josh Charette as he ministers in Billings MT. Pray for provision of the $20k needed for their building project.
- Pray for Chris Granberry and the work at Sacred Road Ministries on the Yakama Reservation in the state of Washington.
- Continue to pray for the Lord's timing in opening a new full-time ministry on the Warm Springs Reservation in Oregon. The target date is Fall 2019.
- Pray for Joshua Tsavatewa in the Pacific Northwest Presbytery ministering at Sacred Road. If ordained in 2019, he will become our second ordained Native American pastor.
Join with Church Planter Scott McDowell of Lighthouse Church in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in thanking God for steady growth and a number of professions of faith. Pray that they can grow in their ability to develop missional groups and greater gospel outreach. Please pray that their church planting apprentice, Josh Darsaut, will be able to find his feet quickly after moving across Canada this past winter. Pray for the training of elder candidates, and the growth of the church as they transition into a larger meeting space on Sunday mornings.
This Spring please pray for
Hill Country Church in
Killeen TX. Pray for
Church Planter Joel Spence and for all of those who endeavor to see the church prosper, and that their church will continue to reach out to the soldiers of Fort Hood. Pray that they will be bold in proclaiming Christ and Christ crucified to all the people in their community, so that in all things God may be glorified.
Please pray for
Church Planter Slim Thompson and
Mosaic Waco, planting in
East Waco TX this Spring.
Pray for the
they're about to meet and that their gospel hospitality will win over skeptics. Pray that racial walls will be broken down through acts of love and service, and that those who have never heard the gospel will hear the good news and believe! And pray for their continued efforts in
fundraising as they move onto the field.
Church Planter Jason Stryd of
Christ the King in
Boston MA in praise to God for the open doors for ministry among the Albanian immigrant community in Boston through ESL classes, evangelistic gatherings and networking. Pray for the team of Albanian believers serving with the Stryd's as they share their faith with their networks of friends and family. Pray for the Christianity Explored (in Albanian) class that took place January to March, that God will continue to work in the hearts of those who attended, so that many will come to faith as they consider Jesus. Finally, pray for new inroads for the gospel in the Albanian community in Roslindale, one of the neighborhoods in Boston.
Church Planter Richard Hong of
Hayward CA in praising God that they have reached 30% of their fundraising goal in the past few months. Also give praise for the numerical growth and spiritual alignment of the Core Team. Pray that God will continue to unite this group in vision and friendship as they prepare to launch a soft service in six months. Please pray that leading up to this soft launch they will be inspired to reach out for the unchurched and dechurched and that God will use all the relationships and events to gather his people. Pray for their financial needs, especially as they seek to close the remaining 70% of their support by June 2019.
Mission to North America
1700 N. Brown Road
Lawrenceville GA 30043
See what's happening on our social sites