Dear Assumption Community,
As you prepare for spring break, please review the below information relative to COVID-19, coronavirus.
Should you develop a cold, cough, fever, or other flu-like symptoms during spring break, please consult a physician before returning to campus. For additional information on coronavirus, the College has developed a
comprehensive resource that can be found on the Assumption website.
The page will be updated as news and information warrants.
- All College-sponsored international travel is suspended.
- Personal international travel is strongly discouraged given the global health crisis, in particular to countries with U.S. State Department Level 3 or 4 Travel Advisory.
- Depending upon where students, faculty, or staff travel internationally, they may have to self-isolate for 14 days.
- If necessary, College officials will contact those traveling to areas of concern with additional information next week.
- Students returning from Italy must self-isolate for 14 days upon their return to the United States and will be permitted to return to campus if they have been cleared by their physician.
Please know that no member of our community, either in Worcester or Rome, has been diagnosed with coronavirus. As a precautionary measure, during spring break, Buildings & Grounds will thoroughly disinfect residence halls and bathrooms as well as other public areas on campus such as classrooms, the Chapel, Hagan Hall, Plourde, Taylor Dining Hall, etc.
Lastly, I have appointed a committee to develop specific protocols and on-campus responses to any presumed or confirmed cases of coronavirus. The work of this committee will complement continuity plans recently updated by the College Safety Committee. The goal is to have a plan fully developed by the conclusion of spring break.