FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sue C. Jones, FOCUS Director
Congratulations to the "Difference Maker of the Year" Nominees
FOCUS Program's Outstanding Facilitator
(Birmingham, AL) Congratulations to the nominees for the 2018 "Difference Maker of the Year" award. This year FOCUS recognizes several outstanding educators and counselors in facilitating the prevention of adolescent risk behaviors in their school and community. Nominations came from students, parents, and school administrators. The finalists were nominated from more than seventy five middle and high schools currently registered as FOCUS schools.
The finalist are:
- Julie Champion, Foley High School, Baldwin County School System
- Lena Emanuel, B.B. Comer High School, Talladega County School System
- Amy McCreless, Jacksonville High School, Jacksonville City School System
- April Shaw, Fayetteville High School, Talladega County School System
- Charlotte Spurlin, Andalusia High School, Andalusia City School System
- Mylene Wigley, Pleasant Valley High School, Calhoun County School System
The winner will be selected by vote of representatives from statewide community organizations who serve as partners with FOCUS. The winner will be announced on May 4, 2018.
Congratulations to the six finalists for your work in reducing the incidence of adolescent risk behaviors and truly Making a Difference in the lives of your students!