Adaptable! What more can be said? We planned all summer to provide parish life and formation ministries for all ages. We met with parents; we talked with youth; we dreamed with a visioning team and feel confident we developed a plan to provide life long learning to strengthen and deepen faith in our midst. You have a calendar full of events including a celebration of First Responders September 10th, a kick-off event September 12th for formation of all ages and a celebration of Health Care Workers October 17th with Dr. Thomas Dobbs as our special guest. We have monthly Music in the City and Sunset Chords.
The Delta Variant has altered but not ended our progress. Because we so highly value hospitality and compassion, we have changed our COVID protocols to include masking inside despite vaccination status (though if you are eligible and have not been vaccinated, we strongly encourage you to do so). We moved almost all meetings back to St. Julian’s Chapel (on line) and we serve Eucharist in one kind only. We continue to gather outside on the columbarium for our 8:30am Holy Eucharist
Adaptations continue with the following:
- First Responders Holy Eucharist to St. Julian’s Chapel Noon on Friday, September 10th at Noon.
- Formation for all ages will begin September 12th 9:30am with a multigenerational activity gathering outside on the columbarium. We will use this format for the month of September.
- Music in the City will be live-streamed for September and October.
- Supper Club kick off will be postponed until October.
- The beginning of Children’s Choir has been rescheduled for the Spring.
Check our website, Cathedral News, and Epistle as we continue to update our calendar as necessary.
Whether inside or out, on-line or in-person, masked or not, we are still your Cathedral in the City and with you our vital ministries, in this context, in this time, continue.