8th Grade First Semester Events
Our goal is to try and make this as special of a year as possible for the 8th grade students. We want to try and retain as many of our St. Cecilia 8th Grade traditions - some will look different than in the past based on our current restrictions but we will try hard to make this a great year.
We will review other events planned for second semester at a later date and continue to communicate regarding those events as we move forward throughout the year.
Homecoming and Homecoming Mums
- Homecoming week is October 5th – 9th, with the Homecoming game being on Thursday, October 8th at 4:30PM.
- You will have the opportunity to sign up for a time on a sign up genius (which will be sent out soon) to come to school on either Friday, October 2nd or Saturday, October 3rd to make the Homecoming Mum for your student.
- The virtual Homecoming Pep Rally will be on Wednesday the 7th.
- The presentation of the Homecoming Mums will take place on Wednesday the 7th after the virtual pep rally.
- We are working out the details on how we will do the presentation of the mums to comply with social distancing requirements. More information will be available very soon.
Retreat & Class Photo
- This is typically held in September or October, at this time there is not currently a date for the retreat and class photo, we are working on that.
- Due to social distancing and other restrictions from the Catholic Schools Office, there will not be a Halloween Dance on Friday, October 30th.
- Instead, we are making plans to hold a dance for the students in the second semester.
- We already have ideas on what the theme will be and when we can host a spring semester dance. More information will be available soon.
Powder Puff Game
- The game (with the girls split into two football teams playing each other, and the boys being the cheerleaders) will take place on the field on Friday, November 6th.
- 8th Grade parents will be able to attend in person on the school field, but spread out and socially distanced on the sidelines to watch.
- We will stream the game to the classrooms so the students can watch.
Resurrection Christmas Party
- This is the annual "GO" project for 8th grade where the students have a party on campus for students from inner-city Catholic grade schools.
- At this point, we do not have a definitive plan for this event, we are currently beginning the process of considering ways to have an interactive event with the students of the other schools.
Faculty vs. 8th Grade Basketball Game
- The game will be rescheduled from December to the second semester when our Basketball team will be in season.