Homecoming and Homecoming Mums
As stated in last week's email and in the Java With Jeff, our goal is to try and make this as special of a year as possible for the 8th grade students. We want to try and retain as many of our St. Cecilia 8th Grade traditions - some will look different than in the past based on our current restrictions but we will try hard to make this a great year.
General Homecoming Information:
- Homecoming week is October 5th – 9th, with the Homecoming game being on Thursday, October 8th at 4:30PM.
- There is no large group family dinner after the game.
Homecoming Mum Making:
- Mum making will take place on those days in the Auditorium. Please enter through the front doors of the school.
- All protocols will be in place - and we ask each parent to self screen before coming to campus as well as we will take temperatures, have hand sanitizing stations available, and masks will need to be worn.
- There will be no entry into the main school building other than restroom use.
- For the remote learning families - if you are comfortable coming to school to make the mum for your child you are welcome to do so. If not, a mum making kit will be prepared for you that you can pick up on Friday, October 2nd. If you are just picking up a packet, please use the sign up genius to sign up for a time to pick it up.
Homecoming Mum Presentation:
- The virtual Homecoming Pep Rally (streamed to all students in their homerooms and at home) will be on Wednesday the 7th.
- The presentation of the Homecoming Mums from 8th grade parents to their children will take place on Wednesday the 7th after the virtual pep rally.
- The tradition for the Presentation of the Mums is for the parents to bring the mum to their child and pin it on them. This will happen with all families doing it at the same time.
- To comply with social distancing requirements, the Homecoming Mum presentation will take place on the school field.
- All three homerooms will go out to the field and be kept in their homeroom group.
- Parents will enter the field through the field gate at the Joan of Arc Dr. parking lot.
- Again, all protocols will be in place and we ask each parent to self screen before coming to campus as well as we will take temperatures, have hand sanitizing stations available, and masks will need to be worn.
- If there is inclement weather, we will do the Mum presentation on the Pavilion - one homeroom at a time.
- For the remote learning families - if you are comfortable attending, you and your child are more than welcome to attend for the mum presentation.
- If not, you can do the Mum presentation at home and we ask you to please send in pictures to the school.