As another school year ends, we wanted to thank the school staff, the parent community and St. Edward's church for their support in continuing to make St. Cyril school an enriched and fun learning environment where the students can grow in our Catholic faith. We wish you all a great summer with your kids. We also wanted to share with you a checklist of things you may wish to do to ensure you close out your child's school year successfully and have you well positioned for next school year.
Check the School's Lost and Found
You would be surprised at what you might find that may belong to your child.
- Sign up for Cash Online. Our school uses this system to collect monies from everything from class field trips to Spirit Wear. This system has several benefits, including:
- We reduce our environmental impact by reducing paper forms going home.
- We avoid having our children walk around with cash or cheques that can be lost or misplaced.
- The system makes life easier for parent volunteers by producing reports that we can use to place orders for various things and we can more easily track who has paid for what. Using this system actively makes coordinating activities for your kids much easier for teachers and us parent volunteers.
Visit https://www.schoolcashonline.com/ to sign up.
WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN NIGHT:
On May 14, Tara Baker and Darlene Saks from the parent council greeted new parents at the CSPC booth. Many parents stopped by the CSPC booth to learn about the council. Bienvenue to the new families! We hope that the 'Frequently Asked Questions' document that you received in your take home bag was helpful. Should you have additional questions to help you prepare for your child's first day of school, feel free to reach out to us by email at:
The St. Cyril Catholic School Foundation is now registered with the Benevity donation platform. Many corporations offer to match donations made with Benevity or United Way - if your company offers such a program this is a good opportunity to donate to our Foundation.
Thanks to your generosity, CSPC has been able to provide support for school buses for class field trips as well as the hatching chicks program.
ARGOS GAME - SATURDAY JUNE 22
The parent council is happy to bring you an exciting experience: a chance to attend a Toronto Argonauts game as a school community! If there are at least 50 attendees in our group, the students will have the chance to be on the field during the national anthem. We are about 10 tickets shy of 50!! So if you are still thinking of going, please purchase your tickets no later than this Friday, May 31st. In case you missed it, here's the flyer for more details:
Argos Game Flyer
. We will handle all orders through CashOnline, no need to send cash to the teachers. Wear your St. Cyril t-shirts or hoodies spirit wear to the game or if you don't have any, wear blue/white which are the Argos colours. Closer to the event, we will provide more details including when you will receive your tickets and where/when to arrive at the field. Go Argos!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE 2019/20 SCHOOL YEAR
The parent council is a small and efficient group of folks that embrace the motto: "
many hands make light work". Below is a list of committees that we are looking to fill in the coming school year.
Research tells us that parental involvement is one of the most significant factors contributing to a child's success in school. If you can't commit to CSPC and the monthly meetings, there are various tasks and support committees that you can help with.
- Communications Committee (Newsletter, website, etc)
- Greening Committee
- Fundraising Committee (Spirit Wear, Pizza Lunches, etc)
- Events Committee (Welcome Fair, Religious Celebrations, Pancake Tuesday)
- Student Education & Wellness Committee (Math Nights, Family Wellness, etc)
Please email us at
if interested in learning about any of the volunteer opportunities and how you can contribute.
ST. CYRIL WELCOME FAIR 2019 & SCHOOL YARD GRAND OPENING
ou are not going to want to miss the big celebration we have planned on Friday September 20 from 4-7p.m. at the school. All past BBQ favourites are still on the list, plus additional entertainment to celebrate the yard re-development!!!
We've secured the following items thus far for the Silent Auction:
We need your help to make the event a success. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with the following:
- 4 tickets to a Toronto Argos game
- Keurig Elite K-Cup Pod coffee maker ($199 value)
- Over $250 worth of coffee/tea gift sets
- Pusateri's $50 Gift Card
- Donate any new or gently used toys/books/school supplies to be used as prizes for games. You can either place them in the donation box in the school foyer or reach out to us to arrange a pick-up at your house.
- Volunteer at the event. Do you have an hour or more to help us setup/clean-up, cook at the BBQ or help with any of the booths?
NORTH WEST YARD RE-DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:
We have surveyed the students for the roof color of the shade structure and we have a clear winner!!