St. John Land Conservancy
St. John, US Virgin Islands 00830
(340) 474 -283
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Help Preserve Paradise and Win a Romantic Vacation for Two to St. John, US Virgin Islands, valued at over $8,000!
The St. John Land Conservancy is pleased to announce it’s first annual Valentine’s Day “Love for the Land” Fundraiser on Feb. 14th, 2022 at 4pm. Thanks to the generous donations of the island community the organization will have a live, in-person drawing, via FaceBook events, for a complete romantic getaway to this pristine island paradise, the home of Virgin Islands National Park, with over 50 trails, undeveloped beaches and arguably the best snorkeling in the Caribbean.
The St John Romantic getaway trip, valued at over $8,000 includes:
- Luxury villa stay courtesy of Joy of Life Villa
- Jeep rental courtesy of Sunshine Rentals
- $1000 airfare credit with Delta Airlines
- Private sailing for two on historic Polynesian-style catamaran courtesy of Virgin Magic Charters
- Lovango experience day trip and
cabana courtesy of Lovango Beach Resort
- Power boat trip on courtesy of Salty Daze Charters
- Villa provisioning courtesy of Chef Shaibu's Grab 'n Go
...plus extra SURPRISES!
Private land on St. John is developing at an alarming rate, causing a sense of displacement, disrupted ecosystems and loss of habitat. Important native seashore, flora and fauna exist outside of park boundaries, and need to be protected for all, before it’s too late.
Acquiring land for conservation requires a process carrying an array of costs with it. The costs of land conservation, even at a reduced rate for the actual land, include:
- Professional land assessments: Environmental, Natural and Historic.
- Objective appraisal.
- Negotiation process costs.
- Title research and legal fees.
- Native flora and fauna restoration work.
- Ongoing site maintenance and stewardship costs ie signage, hurricane damage remediation, public access improvements.
- Fundraising and communications: fees associated with donation software, mail service, telephone, website, marketing, meetings with potential donors, grant proposals and donor recognition.
- GIS, surveys and maps that reveal endangered properties, property boundaries, existing structures, roads and trails, rights of way, etc.
We are very proud of our first accomplishment — the preservation of historic Haulover on the East End of St. John. These 3.6 acres of unspoiled beach property, fronting both north and south bays, were to be sold to off-island concerns for condominium development. The history, culture and life that this land sustains are now saved for all to enjoy. For 2022 our sights are set on preserving the remaining endangered property at Haulover Bay. We have begun the land assessment and negotiation process and need your help immediately to continue this process!
Our second main accomplishment was the preservation of the eastern tip of Lovango Cay. This lovely piece of land — more than an acre on the very easternmost tip of Lovango — has been set aside for our community for public enjoyment, both scenic and otherwise, by current and future generations. The scenery and nature of this land and surrounding waters will be maintained, thanks to this generous donation and the efforts of all involved with the SJLC. Read more: www.stjohnlandconservancy.org/projects
Join the FB Live Event:
Register to win via our secure donation page: