Back To School Safety Plan
MORNING DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
- All students will have their temperature checked as they enter the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be used by all students when they enter their classrooms.
- Masks must be worn by all students, faculty and staff.
- Students will enter the building when they arrive, which will allow temperatures to be taken in smaller groups.
- Social distancing protocols will be followed when entering the building.
- Parents and visitors will not be able to enter the building during the morning drop-off times.
AFTER SCHOOL DEPARTURE
- All students and faculty will be wearing masks when departing the building.
- All students must be picked-up on the lower playground. Please do not come to the office to pick-up your children at dismissal time.
- Parents must stay in the pick-up area on the lower playground, and the child/ren will meet their parent in the pick-up area.
- Please remember to follow the proper parking and exit procedures in the lower parking lot. DO NOT DRIVE OVER THE SAFETY WALK AREAS.
- If students need to leave the building for an appointment, their parent must set-up this pick-up time with the office before picking up their child/ren.
- Please do not send your child/ren to school if they are not feeling well.
If your child/ren has a fever of 100.4 or higher, they will be placed in an isolation room which will be the conference room in the office. We have converted this room into another health room.
- We ask that a parent or designated person pick-up your child/ren within 30 minutes.
If a student has tested positive for Covid-19, they may not return to school until they are free of fever AND respiratory symptoms for at least three days (72 hours) without the use of fever-reducing medicine, and ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Parents need to contact their primary care provider and must have a written medical clearance to return to school.
- If a child tests positive for Covid-19, virtual learning will be made available to him/her. The classroom teacher will set-up the best way to deliver virtual learning based on what the child is capable of participating in.
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOL
- All classrooms will be set-up to follow the social distancing protocols.
- Students in grades 6-8 will not switch classes at this time. The teachers will travel to the middle school classrooms to teach their subjects.
- Some of the special teachers will travel to the individual classrooms. Music and phy ed will be held in the gym.
- Playground procedures -smaller cohort groups will be formed.
- Students traveling in the hallways for bathroom trips etc. will follow safe distancing protocols.
- Every time a student enters a classroom, he/she will be asked to use hand sanitizer.
CLASSROOM SAFETY PROCEDURES
- There will be numerous safety and cleaning procedures in place in every classroom (cleaning of desks, surfaces, toys, learning tools and no sharing of supplies). More details will come at a later date from each classroom teacher.
LUNCH TIME PROCEDURES
Students may need to eat in their classrooms and bring bag lunches. Teachers would have to stay in the classroom during this lunch period. Hot lunch may have to begin in October.
- Using the cafeteria would be preferred in order to enable the teachers to get a lunch break. We would use the entire cafeteria, and students would have assigned places with proper social distancing.
- This plan will need to be looked at again as school draws closer before making a final decision.
- This still needs to be discussed as we learn what the attendance guidelines will be from the Archbishop.
These procedures and protocols will be reviewed and updated throughout the summer. I realize that I have not answered specific questions regarding activities in the classrooms, on the playground etc. These updates will be coming as school draws closer. All classroom teachers will be sharing the specific details and procedures of their classroom and grade level with their families.