With heavy hearts we inform you that St. Mark member Lois Brockmeyer has died after a brief illness. Memorial services are pending. Condolences may be sent to Richard Brockmeyer, 34 Mainsail Dr. Corona del Mar, CA 92625.
The St. Mark Giving Tree will be on the patio on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. You certainly don't want to leave church without getting an ornament (or 2) to help your Deacons brighten Christmas Day for children with very little. It's easy, gift suggestions are on the tag, and we suggest a limit of $30. Shop, wrap, and bring to church on December 15th.
The Orange County Alliance for Just Change and United to End Homelessness are offering two more workshops called Advocacy 101, to train housing champions. December 4 in Fullerton, and December 5 in Garden Grove. Events begins promptly at 7:00pm, so a 6:30 registration arrival is strongly advised. To find out more and to register for the event, click
HOLIDAY STRESS AND SURVIVAL WORKSHOP
December 1st at 11:00 am in the Fellowship Hall. For many, the holidays are not a season of joy but rather a time of sadness, feelings of being overwhelmed, family drama or memories of lost loved ones. Join our Parish Counselor Gretchen Carrillo for a hands on workshop to manage the ups and downs of the holiday season. Childcare will be provided.
We're looking for a few more members to join the usher team. It's an easy job with good benefits, and we'll work around your schedule. You will serve with wonderful people, great head ushers, and everyone subs for each other when necessary. See Julie Sager or email
. You'll wonder why you waited so long.
A pledge commitment is one way we can actively participate in being “
in the world where it happens
.” To those who have submitted pledge commitments for 2020 – thank you! If you still plan to make a commitment for next year but have not yet returned your pledge card, there is still time to do so. The Finance Commission has started its work on next year’s budget. Your pledge will help them determine how best to use our resources to support the staffing, facilities, and mission of St. Mark. Commitment cards are available in the church office or you may contact Judith Hug at
PATRICK’S PURPOSE FOUNDATION
Annual Walk With
event. Saturday, December 21 at 11:00 am. The Walk With Us community walk was created to raise awareness for mental health and the current initiatives that Patrick’s Purpose Foundation is focused on, while also celebrating the 18
birthday of Patrick Turner. See the bulletin board on the patio for more information.
Suicide is the 2
leading cause of death in children and young adults ages 10-24.
YOUTH PENTECOST OFFERING
Foster Youth to Independence Initiative.
Each year, we collect a Pentecost Offering, that unites the PCUSA in a church-wide effort to support young people. 60% of that offering is used to support children-at-risk, youth, and young adults through ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency. The remaining 40% is used locally to support young people, with our youth group deciding where we will allocate those funds. This year, the youth chose to send this portion of the offering, $2,100, to United to End Homelessness, specifically to their Foster Youth to Independence Initiative. This Initiative helps to provide housing vouchers and other housing assistance to individuals between the ages of 18 and 24 who have aged out of the foster care system and are experiencing homelessness.
ST. MARK COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL
will begin enrolling for the 2020-2021 school year in January! Returning families, siblings, and St. Mark Presbyterian Church members have priority during our Registration period. Registration forms, fees, and tuition deposits are due at the time of Registration. Priority Registration: Monday, January 6
- Friday, January 17
If you are interested in enrolling at SMCP for the 2020-2021 school year and would like to schedule a tour of the Preschool during the month of December, please contact Star or Nikki at 949-644-1442. We are here for you as we begin preparing for the 2020-2021 school year.