Dear St. Mark Families,
The Diocese of Bridgeport Catholic Schools leadership has begun planning for a variety of different scenarios for the 2020-2021 school year. Please
for a message update from Dr. Cheeseman, Superintendent of Schools.
It is my expectation that we will continue to receive guidance from relevant government/medical/educational authorities in the next few months, and as a result, our plans for reopening our school building will evolve throughout the summer. Guidelines may differ from town to town, preschool, elementary, middle school, and high school.
As you might imagine, there are many questions that I am not able to answer. But, there are some things that I can share with you now, and I will continue to update you throughout the summer.
Please be assured that the health and safety of our students, staff, parents and the community is paramount and our top priority is to make St. Mark School building a safe place for our students to return to in the fall. Our goal is for you and your children to feel comfortable and safe. We will reinforce that message and look for every opportunity for our building to remain child friendly.
These are just some of the changes/procedures you will notice when we return to the school building (much more to come):
In order to promote healthy hygiene practices
- We will be installing no-touch hand sanitizers for student use.
- We will remove some of our flexible seating options, such as upholstered couches, chairs, pillows, etc. in classrooms, as they are harder to disinfect.
- There will be no more community sharing of supplies (for example, pencils, crayons, markers, etc.). There will be strict guidelines on what students may bring to school from home.
- Nurse Wendy is working with the Stratford Health Department to make a plan to best care for your children.
In order to promote social distancing
- Our student drop off and pick up procedures will change.
- Access into the building will be restricted to students, teachers, and staff. Parents will be permitted in very limited cases only, which will be outlined prior to the beginning of school.
- Lunches will be eaten in the classrooms until further notice.
- In elementary and middle school, desks will be distanced according to the final CDC guidelines. All desks will face the same direction rather than be organized in clusters.
As Dr. Cheeseman referenced in the video above, a parent survey will be forthcoming in the next few days. Please check you email inbox, as your feedback is important to our planning process.
These times certainly are unprecedented and my first priority is the safety of our the students and staff. Please know that I continue to hold all of you in my prayers and I hope you will do the same for me and my family. Stay healthy and safe.
Yours In Christ,
If you are a room parent for your child's classroom, kindly forward this communication to your fellow grade level parents, ensuring all St. Mark families have the most up to date information.