February 17, 2021
Dear St. Mark’s Families:
I would like to thank everyone in our community for their flexibility and patience following the news earlier today about the positive COVID-19 test in our student community and the temporary move to the Orange phase and remote learning.
Below are some important follow-up details. More information will be shared as it becomes available.
- The student who tested positive is currently in isolation off-campus for 10 days. Disinfecting of the campus is currently in progress.
- Contact tracing is now complete in the positive student case. We have communicated directly with those individuals who are determined to be close contacts of the student who tested positive.
- Boarding students were tested today, February 17, in their rooms and will be tested again on Friday, February 19.
- Day students will be tested on Friday, February 19. Additional information will be sent out tomorrow.
St. Mark’s will continue to operate in the Orange phase tomorrow, February 18. All students will attend classes remotely using the in-person schedule. We will communicate plans for the rest of the week tomorrow (Thursday).
- Athletics will not be held today, February 17, or tomorrow, February 18.
- All School activities, including club meetings, must be held remotely.
- Boarding students will be able to leave their rooms for dinner this evening, February 17, and for breakfast tomorrow, February 18. Students have been instructed that they must sit with their Houses. Students should not leave their House unless going to and from dinner, breakfast, or picking up medication.
- If parents wish to take their boarding students off-campus, students will be required to quarantine off campus for 14 days before returning to campus. This approach is in keeping with the protocol we have had in place since the fall.
Again, thank you very much for your patience, and I look forward to being in touch soon when new information becomes available.