January 28, 2021
Dear St. Mark’s Families:
I would like to thank everyone in our community for their flexibility and patience following the news earlier today about the positive COVID-19 tests in our student community and the temporary move to the Orange phase and remote learning.
Below are some important follow-up details. More information will be shared as it becomes available.
- Both students who tested positive are currently in isolation for 10 days. Disinfecting of the campus is currently in progress.
- Boarding students are being tested today in their rooms and will remain in quarantine in their rooms until their results are available.
- Contact tracing is now in progress for the positive student cases. We will communicate directly with those individuals who are determined to be contacts of the students who tested positive. We will notify the entire community when contract tracing is complete.
St. Mark’s will continue to operate in the Orange phase today, January 28, and tomorrow, January 29. Day students will attend classes remotely today and tomorrow using the in-person schedule. We will communicate plans about the weekend tomorrow (Friday).
- Athletics activities will not be held today, January 28, or tomorrow, January 29. All School activities, including club meetings, must be held remotely.
- Day students will not be tested today or tomorrow as scheduled.
- We ask that parents of boarding students not visit their students on campus this weekend. If parents wish to take their students off campus, students will be required to quarantine off campus for 14 days before returning to campus. This approach is in keeping with the protocol we have had in place since the fall.
- When our operational phase status changes back to yellow, day students will be tested before rejoining in-person learning. We will share these details as soon as they become available.
Again, thank you very much for your patience, and I look forward to being in touch soon when new information becomes available.