Updated Guidelines for In Person Worship
Following the guidance of the Diocese, the Reopening Committee and Vestry have adopted the following changes to our in person gatherings.
1. Vaccinated people do not need to wear a face mask, nor be socially distanced, but are encouraged to consider continuing these practices around children and others who may wish to remain socially distanced. Vaccinated people may sing unmasked.
2. Some have expressed a desire to continue to wear a face mask and/or be socially distanced, regardless of their vaccination status. Please feel free to continue to practice these measures if they make you feel safer.
3. The Gospel Side of the Nave (left side facing the altar) will be an open seating section. You may sit anywhere on that side. No social distance is required. No face masks are required (although you may choose to wear one). Reservations are not needed to sit in this section. When you arrive at church, tell the usher you wish to sit in open seating.
4. The Epistle Side of the Nave (right side facing the altar- near the Lady Chapel) will maintain social distancing and people who sit on this side will continue to wear a face mask. This section is appropriate for families with children and other non-vaccinated people, and vaccinated people who desire these extra measures for their personal comfort and protection.
5. If you desire or need to sit in a socially distanced pew, please continue to reserve a pew, following the instructions on the website. There are 5 pews (and the choir loft) available: 2 singles or a family of 2-5 may sit in each pew. When you arrive inside the church, please tell the usher that you have made a reservation for a socially distanced pew, and the usher will help you find a seat. https://www.stmartinsnj.org/in-person-church-sign-up/
6. Please remember to print your own copy of the Mass leaflet, or download it to read on your device.
7. No one will be asking your vaccination status and you are on your honor to follow the expectations of the Diocese.
8. You may park anywhere in the parking lot. You no longer need to keep a space between you and the other cars.
9. Please stay at home if you are sick. The Mass will continue to be live-streamed.
Father Rob will bring communion- hosts only- to those in the socially distanced section. Once everyone on this side have been given Communion, the ushers will guide those one the other side to receive communion at the altar rail. Please approach the altar rail via the center aisle, and return to you pew via the far side aisle.
Please note that these practices are for in person gatherings during the summer. There will be updated procedures in September when Sunday School resumes.