Radically Open to God
The SMC Mission is to
Love God, Love Others, and
Join Us for Worship
Children's Family Service
Your Vestry Members
The Rev. Rick Luoni
The Rev. Greg Favazza
Submissions for the E-Messenger should be emailed to the Church Administrator by Tuesday at 5 pm for that week's edition. The E-Messenger is distributed every Thursday.
||August 8, 2019
We Need to Fill Out our Back to School Welcome Squad!
Monday, August 12
We will be welcoming students back to campus at Lake Silver Elementary on August 12.
We need folks to come and cheer and hold the signs our St. Michael's Family have created to kick-start
the year in a positive way! We will be meeting at Lake Silver by 8 am to start welcoming kids by 8:15.
This is a great opportunity to really make an impact on kids that may be
nervous on the first day. We can let them know that they are loved and we wish them the best! You can either email Mike at
or use our Sign Up Genius:
(Sunday, August 18th 5:30 - 7:00PM)
It's that time! After a summer break,
EYC is back in action. Middle & high school students gather in the Youth Room in Fordham Hall for some food, games, worship and small group discipleship. Let's pray for another great year.
Children's Ministry Parent Meeting
Note: Childcare for this event will be available.
The Ministry of
Spiritual Direction Program:
Fall 2019 at St. Michael's Church
"Spiritual Direction is, in reality, nothing more than a way of leading us to see and obey the real Director - The Holy Spirit" -
Beginning in September St. Michael's will partner with The Center for Spiritual Formation from Carlisle, PA to offer a two-year program on our campus in the Ministry of Spiritual Direction. Spiritual Direction is companionship given by one Christian to another which enables that person to listen for the direction of the Holy Spirit as a person opens his/her life to God's presence; to respond to God's guidance; to grow in intimacy with God; and to live out the beauty of the relationship.
The program is intended to assist those who participate in sharpening listening skills, bring clarity to areas of giftedness, and acquire the tools and practices essential to caring for souls in love.
- select "About Us"
- select "Spiritual Direction"
Or connect with Ashleigh Gonzalez in the Parish Office at
Applications due by September 1st in order to participate in this first year of the program.
Serve With The Gathering on 4th Tuesdays
This is a great way of putting thankfulness into action and celebrating the gifts we have received from God.
Please consider joining us.
YOUTH CHOIR BEGINS! EVERYONE ELSE: WEEK OF AUG 19!
THE YOUTH CHOIR ANNUAL AUGUST WORKSHOP
WED-SAT, Aug 14-17:
- 5:30-7:00 pm The first rehearsals of the year - we'll check out St. Michael's Day & Christmas!
- 7:00 pm Rehearsal / Activities / Compline / Sleep-over / DeLeon Springs for breakfast & swimming!
RECRUITMENT CAMPAIGN CONTINUES
- ANGELS CHOIR: birth thru 1st Grade - Wednesdays, 4:00-4:30, beginning Wed, Aug 21
- YOUTH CHOIR: good readers 1st/2nd Grade thru Middle School - come & check out what we do on the first day of the Workshop! Beginning Wed, Aug 21, our regular schedule:
5:00 Beginning Choir Members Orientation
5:30-7:00 Full Youth Choir rehearsal
Sundays: 9:20 thru the 10:15 Service, beginning Aug 25
- ADULT CHOIR: High School thru retired - Thursdays, 7:20'ish thru 9:00, beginning Thursday, Aug 22, and Sundays, 9:20 thru the 10:15 Service, beginning Aug 25
- CHAMBER SINGERS: taken from members of the Adult Choir - folks who would like a little bit more of a musical challenge - Thursdays, 7:00 thru 7:20'ish, beginning Thursday, Aug 22
- ST. MICHAEL'S BAND: always looking for folks who can play guitar (regular or bass), percussion, or other instrument (flute, trumpet, saxophone, etc.) for the occasional playing at the 10:15, and for more regular playing at the 6:00
- THE 6:00 SINGERS: always looking for 2-3 voices to help lead the singing at the 6:00 PM
CONTACT ANDREW ASAP
- if interested in any of the above! We are especially looking for new Angels & Youth Choir members, also a few more Sopranos, Altos, and especially Tenors would be of great help in the Adult Choir.
Abby, Andrew, Ann, Arel,
Barbara, Benny, Bill B., Bill H., Bill M., Bill T., Brendon, Buckley, Burke, Chaz, Cheryl, Cooper, Debra, Donna Jean, Doug, Elizabeth L., Elizabeth T., Ellen, Frank, Gabby C., Gabby M., Gary, George M., Holly, Israel, Jeff, Johanna, John, Jude, June, Kaitlyn, Kelly, Kristina, Lindsey, Lisa, Luca, Powell Family, Rick M., Robert, Robin, Sammie, Sara Nell, Trish, Vanessa, Vellisco Family, Vic, Walter, Yvonne.
8: David Michels, Ron Nelson, Emily Newbold 9: Nathaniel Bankowitz, John Bedell, Bill Traylor Jr 10: Chris Gosselin, Jan McPherson 11: AnnMarie Hamilton, Ken Hazouri, George Stiell Jr 12: Brooke Pope 14: Hillary Brightman, Georgia Chapman, Marie Cole
9: Tyler & Kim Piercy 14: Roger & Peggy Trubey
Prayer list names will rotate off after a three month period unless we are made aware that an individual needs to remain on the list.