Meetings are held in Burke Hall once a month at 7:00 on the second Tuesday of the month (subject to change for special events).
The Women’s Council serves with joy!
Some of our accomplishments this year:
* Christmas Bake Sale – Creative displays showcased a variety of delicious treats ... a very successful fundraiser!
* Lovely handmade items - the women in the Arts and Craft group created and sold a winning combination of hand crafted items to benefit parish activities.
* Thanksgiving Food Baskets – the Council donated food and fashioned healthy, fun baskets to provide for members of our Parish Family who might not have enjoyed a holiday meal otherwise.
* Shoebox project – our women donated dignity items to place in gaily decorated boxes to provide for those in need.
* Rosary Trees – one of my favorite events last year. Do you have a loved one who insists they “don’t need anything this Christmas”? Give them the gift of a rosary said just for them! Come join us as we pray the rosary and decorate miniature Christmas trees to give to those we have prayed for.
* The Bereavement Group - made up of council members, this warm and caring group provides light refreshments following Funeral Masses.
* Fuzzy, Fleecy Blankets – A fun project that does not require any sewing skills - fleece blankets were created during the winter to provide warmth and comfort for those less fortunate.
* Parish receptions – assisted with food, service, and cleanup. Work, yes … but what a great, easy way to meet fellow parishioners!
* Donations – all of the funds that we raise go right back into our Parish Community. We have donated to the Parish Youth Group, the Capital Campaign, the Bishop’s Lenten Appeal, Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, and other worthy groups and activities.
* Lenten Suppers – During Lent, the Women’s Council provides Friday suppers in Burke Hall to coincide with Stations of the Cross.
Over the past year, the STM Cathedral Women’s Council has accomplished many things. Please think about becoming involved in some part in our activities this year (and by all means, come and share your thoughts on new activities to consider!)
This year it’s the Women’s Council’s turn to coordinate the various parish groups that come together to put on the annual Parish Picnic. The Picnic is one of STM’s most popular events and we want to make sure it is just as enjoyable as in previous years. September is not that far away! This would be a great opportunity to make new friends and help our Parish community.