Dear St Charles Parishioners,
The Academy’s Virtual Fundraising Fiesta and Auction is Friday, May 7th at 6:00 PM. Here is a look at the event and a sneak preview of some of the great items you can bid on. THIS EVENT WILL BE OPEN TO PARISHIONERS AS WELL AS PARENTS OF SCBA.
The event will be virtual, with both live and silent auction portions – with bidding via cell phone or tablet. We’re disappointed that we won’t be together in person, but it is going to be a top-notch event, complete with an auctioneer working the virtual crowd. Get excited…
· WATCH PARTY: Start planning your auction watch party with your pod/friends now.
· FOOD & DRINKS: We have arranged take-out food and drink boxes for each ticket holder. (Student parents with paid PTG dues include food and drinks for two, for parishioners who wish to participate expect a cost and a signup on next weeks eBulletin) These boxes will be available for pickup before the auction - between 3 and 5 pm at St Charles on May 7th.
· VIRTUAL LIVE AUCTION: Tune in to the auction at 6 pm on May 7th.
· AFTER PARTY: We are organizing an outdoor after party at a venue that will donate a portion of the evening’s proceeds to SCBA. Get your babysitter lined up!
· SILENT AUCTION: The silent auction will open at noon on May 1st and will close at 8pm on May 7th. The live portion of the auction will take place between 6 and 7 pm on May 7th.
Tickets/RSVP/Instructions on how the bidding process is going to work will come out early next week.
A big thank you to all of our generous donors! We are still accepting items for auction until April 12. If you have an item to donate, please email me or drop it in the Academy office. Our goal for the event is to raise $50,000 – this will be how we measure success! Below are a few of our auction items…
God Bless St. Charles Borromeo Academy, and Parish
Sail around the San Diego Bay for 2 hours with your friends with St. Charles Parishioner, Mr. Joe Craver, and his 45’ yacht “sweet”!! This fantastic experience includes wine, beer, water and snacks for 14 people. The yacht is located at San Diego Yacht Club.
BIG BEAR BLISS
Go from sea to slope in no time and enjoy a 2-night stay at the Reis Family Cabin in Big Bear Lake, CA! This 2-bedroom 2 bath log cabin sleeps up to 10 and is located just within 1 mile from Snow Summit, Big Bear Mountain Ski Resorts or Big Bear Lake!
The Reynold’s family home in Las Gaviotas, about an hour drive from San Diego, between Rosarito and Ensenada.
POOL PARTY FOR THE KIDS
Pool & Pizza Party for up to 10 kids (unlimited adults) hosted by Deacon Lane and Gaby Litke at their lovely home in Bonita. Includes: pizza, 4 hours of party time and a dedicated adult on pool watch.
CHEF JOEY GIACALONE (OF THE VENETIAN FAME) WILL COOK FOR YOU
You supply the kitchen and Joey will bring all the ingredients and cook! 4 course dinner for 8 people. Menu to be decided by winning bidder in consultation with Joey. Expires November 1, 2021.
SAN DIEGO STAYCATION
One Night Hotel Stay ($200 value) plus dinner for Two at any Viejas Venue.
FLIP FOR FUN THIS SUMMER
G3 KIDS Liberty Station:
- G3 Kids water bottle & frisbee
- ONE week Summer Camp
- ONE drop n shop Camp
- ONE MONTH of FREE classes