Dear St. John Paul II Community,

Thank you so much for your support and understanding as we continue to work through the challenges presented by Hurricane Harvey. Yesterday evening, I decided to err on the side of caution and cancel school for today. Since the National Weather service has predicted that the biggest rains won’t start until later this evening, I would have preferred to hold classes; however, since so many schools in our area were closing, it was prudent for StJPII to do the same. Safety is always our priority and so we hope that our families and staff have been able to use this time to prepare for when Harvey strikes our area. Please continue to monitor the local media and keep your family safe. Likewise, please keep our friends along the Texas coast in your prayers. I encourage you to be Jesus to your neighbors, share kind words, and extend a helping hand whenever possible. 

All StJPII campus activities are currently closed. The facility is secure and our servers will be off this weekend. We will continue to monitor the weather and will send an IRIS alert on the status of Monday’s schedule no later than Sunday evening. St. Medard, pray for us!