Vermonters and visitors to the state are hungry for safe ways to gather and experience art—and musicians and other performing artists are eager to connect with audiences again.
The Stages in the Sun initiative combines two of the very best things Vermont has to offer: a vibrant arts scene and our incomparable landscape.
To encourage the safe celebration of the arts and the outdoors, we are teaming up to spread the word about the incredible array of great outdoor arts experiences being coordinated by parks, arts, and community organizations. From free concerts in a park to poetry readings in the woods, from jugglers at a farmers market to world class theater in an outdoor amphitheater, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
We invite event organizers in all corners of the state to jointly promote the array of great safe outdoor performances that are available this year through the new and improved Vermont Vacation Events Calendar.
We are looking for events that:
- feature performing arts or humanities of any kind—music, dance, theater, readings, circus arts, comedy, storytelling
- are held outdoors (covered shelters are fine)
- are paying the performers (unless it is a volunteer community band or community theater troupe)
- are being held in 2021—July 4 or beyond
- are compliant with ADA requirements for physical and programmatic access
are led by organizers who will pledge to follow the “Universal Guidance” outlined in the State's Vermont Forward plan
- are willing to use the “Stages in the Sun” branding in promoting your event(s)
are either free or ticketed events