McDonald's is excited to announce its new partnership with New Mexico PTA! McDonald's and NMPTA's goals of supporting and advocating for education and
children in our state are aligned in many ways.
Like NMPTA, McDonald's promotes literacy and education for its employees and its customers. McDonald's Archways to Opportunity education program supports its employees - many who are high school students - with tuition assistance to earn high
school/college degrees and learn English as a second language. McDonald's local owner/operators contribute thousands of dollars throughout our state to local schools in their communities through sponsorships, food donations, and more each year.
Did you know that McDonald's menu has many wholesome and nutrition-minded options? In fact, 80% of menu items are 400 calories or less. McDonald's is committed to providing wholesome eating choices for children. All Happy Meals include apple slices, seasonal fruit or yogurt, milk and preservative free chicken or 100% beef.
As part of our new partnership, McDonald's is committed to assisting NMPTA schools in
a number of ways including:
- McTeacher's Nights where local NMPTA members and schools raise money to benefit
- their schools + school programs.
- * Ronald McDonald visits to schools to share anti-bullying, leadership and "character
- counts" messaging.
- * Literacy promotion for kids throughout the State, with an upcoming event in March!
- * Gold sponsorship of the NMPTA Statewide Convention.
- * Support of the NMPTA Reflections Program with McDonald's tray liners in ALL NM
- restaurants featuring student artwork.
McDonald's is looking forward to meeting the NMPTA members over the next few months. More exciting news to come but in the meantime, please follow our Twitter
account at @McD_NewMexico + restaurant Facebook pages by searching for 'McDonald's @' and the address/location of your nearest McDonald's in the search bar.