Dear WH&LA Members,
While we still know very little about the final details on the state’s $20 million grant program for Wisconsin's lodging industry, several new details were released today. In summary:
- The program will be administered by the Department of Administration
- Applications will open on October 19, 2020. As of writing, the application materials have not yet been released.
- The deadline to apply will be at 2:00 pm October 26, 2020, giving us a short 1-week turnaround time.
- The Department of Administration is saying that the expected average award will be $175 per room. We have not been informed on how need will be assessed at this time.
- On Monday, October 19, 2020 they are planning to host a webinar, but a time has not been communicated yet.
- We have been fielding a lot of questions around the FAQ’s posted for the second round of “We’re All In Grants” and the revenue and employee caps that apply to that program. While we have not received official word on this, it is our hope and understanding that the hotel and lodging grant program will have its own set of requirements.
We realize that there are a lot of questions that still need to be answered, and we expect more information to come out shortly since the application process opens on Monday. You can count on WH&LA to let you know as soon as we learn more. In the meantime, we are happy to answer any questions that we can.
Bill Elliott, CAE
WH&LA President & CEO