June 22nd, 2020
MIC has decided to delay Phase I of the masjid reopening plan until further notice.
There have been elevated concerns towards the upward trend in case numbers in Shelby County as well as an increase in the positivity and hospitalization rate. The county recorded its largest day to day increase of COVID-19 this past weekend. There are also discussions in the city to return to Phase I. Theses factors along with the recommendations previously provided by our infectious disease experts played a large part in the decision to delay. Our priority remains first and foremost the safety of every member in our community
We will reevaluate weekly and continue to closely monitor case numbers from Shelby County and the State of Tennessee and seek advice from our local Infectious Disease experts and COVID Task Force. We will update the community when a decision to reopen is made.
Please reach out to masjid leadership should you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Memphis Islamic Center