Please read the IAGM (Masjid Ar-Rahman & Masjid Al-Noor) guidelines and recommendations below carefully. All community members are expected to abide by the following requirements in order to enter the building:
Ramadan Mandatory Requirements
- Open to Public with Limited Capacity on first come first serve basis.
- Daily Prayers, Jummah, and Taraweeh Prayers will be provided during Ramadan.
- Must check-in for temperature screening at Jummah and Isha/Taraweeh.
- Must place shoes in bags and keep with you during Jummah and Isha/Taraweeh.
- Wearing masks is required at all times. All attendees must bring their own face masks and wear them correctly covering nose and mouth.
- Maintain social distancing ~6 feet apart during prayers and while entering/exiting. Prayer spaces will be clearly marked. Each person is required to occupy an available spot and may not switch.
- Attendees must bring their own prayer mats.
- No congregation before and/or after each prayer. Everyone must leave as soon as prayer is complete. Avoid handshakes and/or hugs.
- Attendees must come with wudhu and bring their own water bottles.
- No in-person community iftars but drive through services will be provided at Masjid Al-Noor.
- No children under the age of 12.
- Adults older than the age of 65 and immune compromised individuals are requested to avoid attending.
- Any person who has been ill with cold like symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, or fever) within the last 2 weeks or has been in contact with ill or confirmed COVID-19 positive individuals must refrain from attending.
- Any person who has traveled in the past 14 days should refrain from attending.
- Any person who attends a prayer and subsequently tests positive for COVID-19 must inform the masjid immediately.
- Please exercise caution in your decision to attend prayers at the Masjid, it is still not obligatory upon you to attend.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan for your understanding and support. May Allah SWT protect us all.
Acknowledgement of Risk
By attending you acknowledge the following: I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending events at Masjid Ar-Rahman and/or Masjid Al-Noor and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Masjid Ar-Rahman and/or Masjid Al-Noor may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the Masjids/IAGM employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I waive, release, absolve, and agree to hold harmless the Islamic Association of Greater Memphis (Masjid Ar-Rahman and Masjid Al-Noor) and/or their employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families from any claims that might arise from any risks and exposure of COVID-19.
Disclaimer: The panel of infectious disease experts who have been advising us throughout this process continue to advise caution and recommend that we avoid praying congregational prayers at the masjid. However, they have provided us with guidance and recommendations on how to reduce the risk to our community if we decided to reopen. Our religious leadership has also advised that you are not obligated to attend congregational prayers at the masjid and still highly encourage our community to continue to pray at home. Please take this into account before deciding to attend.
We will continue to closely monitor case numbers from Shelby County and the State of Tennessee and seek advice from our local Infectious Disease experts and COVID Task Force and we may consider delaying each phase or shutting down again. Our priority remains first and foremost the safety of every member in our community. Therefore, we have created guidelines and compliance with the guidelines is a must and will be enforced strictly. Failure to do so will result in removal and potential closing of the masjid.
Islamic Association of Greater Memphis