An update on our races....
With the State of Ohio starting the process of reopening, we have seen an increase in the amount of emails and Facebook messages asking about the status of our races....and we welcome the emails. It has been good to hear from you and we are wishing you the best during this challenging time.
Currently, the reopening plan provides guidance for the first phase which currently extends through May. The guidance here is clear - gatherings continue to be limited to 10 or less people. Event permits are not approved/cancelled. The common theme among all the agencies we work with is that we should be prepared to submit a plan that would comply with any conditions that a future reopening phase would contain. However, the guidance to construct a compliance plan has not been published. It is just too early yet for this guidance.
Recognizing the situation is global and impacts all sizes of events, there are national and international groups of medical professionals, event organizers, etc. that have formed and are working on publishing guidelines. One decision we made is that we will not be submitting any plans unless we have guidelines to follow and that are accepted by our permitting agencies.
We care about each of you. We want to follow guidance instead of making our own way during this time. Thus, here is the current status of our races.....
This race was scheduled for June 6th. Due to the lack of guidance and the race being a a few weeks away, we have worked together with the ODNR and made the decision to go with the contingency date of Saturday, September 12th. This decision was made today and we are communicating it, as promised, today. Website will be updated shortly.
All Other Races including Burning River
We will continue to monitor the guidance provided in future reopening phases. We are doing our best to think ahead and be prepared with ideas that might be in future guidance (social distancing, limiting likelihood of mass gathering, etc.). With the next events starting in July, we would like to wait for more guidance before making a decision. This decision is aligned with the permitting agencies too. In all of our discussions, it has become clear that these agencies truly want our events to happen. The common thread is that we all want them to happen when it is clearly aligned with our state governor's orders.
We miss you all and are looking forward to seeing you in person!
Jim, Vince, & Joe