Dear District 86 Community,
We learned a short time ago that the test conducted on the student from Hinsdale South who may have been exposed to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
came back negative. As a result, classes will be back in session on Friday, March 13.
While there are no confirmed cases in DuPage County, we want to make you aware of the proactive measures we are taking to help reduce the spread of the virus. Several of these measures are being implemented based on the advice and guidance of the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD) and the DuPage Regional Office of Education (ROE).
- We have canceled all academic field trips.
- We have canceled all in-state and out-of-state overnight trips and events.
- We are reviewing/discussing the short- and long-terms plans for athletics and activities.
- We have canceled all outside facility rentals through Sunday, March 15.
- We will continue performing routine cleaning in our buildings, which includes disinfecting common touch points such as drinking fountains, doorknobs, locker handles, etc.
- We will continue to engage in regular conversations with our feeder schools, community partners, and local health, police, fire and government officials about the status of COVID-19 in our community, and plans for dealing with its potential impact.
- We will continue to closely monitor the updates about the virus that are being issued by local, state, national and international health organizations.
- We will continue to adhere to the travel notices issued by local, state and federal authorities.
In terms of travel, we have created a form we are hoping that our families will consider using to share details about any future trips or plans. While completion of this form is completely voluntary, having this information will help inform our ongoing planning, preparation and response to the possible spread of the virus. You can access the form by visiting
We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we worked through this challenging situation. Please use the following links to access additional information and updates regarding COVID-19.