Travel Updates & Resources on COVID-19
The Dodge City Convention & Visitors Bureau is actively monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19. The health and safety of our visitors and residents is our highest priority and our website pages will be updated regularly to provide you the latest information about travel to Dodge City.
Guidance for Travelers
- In an effort to protect the health of Kansans and prevent the spread of COVID-19, Governor Laura Kelly, with the support of the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT), is suspending sales of general nonresident turkey permits effective immediately. The suspension is made possible via Executive Order No. 20-21, signed on April 9, 2020 by Governor Kelly. Nonresident hunters who made their spring turkey purchase prior to the order’s effective date may still participate in Kansas’ spring turkey season; however, because Kansas’ regular turkey season has yet to open (April 15, 2020), only a small percentage of the nonresident permits normally purchased have been sold. KDWPT is offering refunds and KDWPT gift cards in an effort to lower participation rates even further. Visit ksoutdoors.com for more information.
- The Governor of Kansas has issued a state-wide Stay At Home order. Travelers entering Kansas from certain states have a required 14-day quarantine. Please refer to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment link below for the latest updates.
- We encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions. Travelers should observe safe travel habits as outlined by the CDC.
- Many events throughout Dodge City and the State of Kansas are being rescheduled to a later date. We encourage you to call ahead to confirm the status of every event.
- We encourage you to refer to reliable and factual sources as you make your travel decisions.
Cancellations and Postponements
Several attractions, events, and activities are being canceled or rescheduled to keep guests safe. We encourage you to call ahead to confirm the status of an attraction, event or business prior to visiting. Updates can be found on our website at