Steadily INCREASING Pressure On Blackburn
(1) On Dec. 3, 2020, when Sen. Marsha Blackburn of TN tweeted: "China has a 5000 year history of cheating and stealing. Some things will never change...".
(2) Without creating any pubblicity, S. B Woo emailed and faxed Sen. Blackburn asking her to withdraw her tweet and apologize to our community.
(3) Getting no response, 80-20 went public with her outrageous tweet, and organized 550 to 1000 phone calls/faxes/emails to pour into her office asking for an apology, tying up her D.C. phone and fax lines for days.
(4) Still getting no response, 80-20 worked with TNCAA (Tennessee Chinese Am. Alliance) and UCA (United Chinese Americans) to buy a full-page ad in newspapers of the 4 largest TN cities exposing Blackburn’s ignorance and hatefulness and asked her to apologize. 2,000 of her voters, breaking 70/30 in non-AsAms/AsAms, signed to support the ads to oppose Blackburn's
(5) A few days ago, 80-20 President S. B. Woo emailed/faxed Sen. Blackburn for the 2nd time, asking her to apologize. His message included the following:
"... In order to further persuade you to apologize, we are considering
seeking the support of 2 prominent Republicans & 2 Democrats for
the ad. shown here. They are: Former Sen. Bob Corker (R) who just
retired, Manny Sethi who was a GOP Senate primary contestant
in 2009, former Governor Philip Norman Bredesen Jr. (D) whom you
defeated in your last election and Former Congressman (1997-2007)
Harold Eugene Ford Jr. (D). ….."
"PS: Did you read a 12/21/2020 guest column published in the
why your tweet of Dec. 3 is wrong."
Our Message To Sen. Blackburn?
The 4 former Republican and Democratic officials named above plus Dolly Parton and others could be Blackburn's primary and general election opponents in her re-election bid.