As you plan your trip to Rio de Janeiro for our September Whole Grains Council Conference, consider joining us early for our 2-day Culinary Tour of Rio, Sept. 12-13, 2020. As a bonus, registered dietitians can earn up to 7 CPEU credits (plus 10 more if they stay for the conference).
Highlights of the Culinary Tour include:
- Tour a marketplace to learn about and taste Rio’s seasonal foods (including the best açaí in the city)
- Participate in a cooking class of traditional dishes, including whole grains, led by Brazilian Chef Yara Roberts
- Walk on Ipanema Beach and tour the famous Sunday Hippie Market
- Learn about Brazil’s vibrant wines with a phenomenal tasting and lunch at Aprazível Restaurant in Santa Teresa
- See artistic and cultural treasures at the Museu Nacional de Belas Artes
- Take a samba dancing lesson and have a Caipirinha drink