Dear Steinbrenner Students, Families, and Teachers,
Happy New Year!
Thanks for your support of our PTSA. Without your support, big or small, we would not be as successful as we are in providing for the students at Steinbrenner.
Spring is a busy time with seniors deciding on their plans for after graduation. I want to encourage all seniors to apply for the PTSA scholarship. The scholarship deadline is
February 1, 2018
. You can find details and the application form on our website (
If you are the parent of or are currently a junior and are thinking of applying for the PTSA scholarship in senior year, you can start to accumulate your PTSA volunteer hours now. The hours from January of junior year to the scholarship deadline in senior year will count towards the application submitted to the PTSA in senior year.
Please mark your calendars and come out and support the PTSA's "World of a Teen"
event in the school auditorium on
Tuesday, February 6, 2018. This is an award-winning event which is always very informative.
Our next general body meeting will be on
Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 5:30pm
in the Media Center, and we hope you'll be able to find the time to attend and participate. At this meeting we will elect a nominating committee to find interested parents for our next PTSA board. Please email me directly if you are interested. This meeting is open to ALL PTSA members.
Have a happy and healthy 2018!
"A strong PTSA embodies parent involvement and parent involvement represents student success."
Steinbrenner PTSA President, 2017-18
SENIORS: PTSA Scholarship
Are you graduating in 2018 with plans to continue your education in some way? Do you have at least a 3.0 weighted GPA? Are you a student member of the PTSA? Have you served our school and community throughout high school?
You may be eligible to apply for a $500 PTSA
Please click the links below to learn
more and to print your application form!
Application Deadline is 3:00pm, February 1, 2018
STILL NEED PTSA VOLUNTEER HOURS TO QUALIFY FOR THE PTSA SCHOLARSHIP? Here's an option:
* Get 2 volunteer hours the week of 1/22 by assisting with student incentives through counting out incentives and stuffing homeroom bags at school! Contact Melinda Sheer via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 813-230-9679.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK PLANNING MEETING 1/23/18
Teacher Appreciation Week is April 30th- May 4th!
Help is needed with the planning of this fun week of events for our teachers.
"Kick-Off" Meeting will be held on
Tuesday, January 23rd at 8:30am at the Panera Bread in the Carrollwood Village Center (13256 N Dale Mabry Hwy) Please plan to attend!
Heather Ceresoli is the Chairman of Teacher Appreciation Week and she can be reached at
813-748-4649 or email@example.com. Please contact her if you are unable to attend the meeting, but would like to help plan the week of events and/or volunteer to help during the actual week.
Turn your old sneakers into a generous gift of giving - Save your gently used sneakers for collection at the new year. The PTSA will be collecting gently used sneakers as part of a fundraiser and recycling event.
Steinbrenner PTSA will soon kick off our GotSneakers program. Each pair of gently used sneakers will earn the school $1. Did you know that 200 million pairs of shoes and sneakers end up in landfills each year and that it takes 30-40 years to decompose. 600 million people worldwide don't own a pair of shoes. Help us earn money and make a positive impact. So clean out the closet and start saving those sneakers! More information to come soon.
Bins will be setup at Steinbrenner for easy recycling. More details to come soon - Start saving those sneakers now!
SENIOR BANNER UPDATE
Senior Banners are available for
Order yours today!!
IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!
There's still time to order your students Senior Banner. The deadline for orders is Friday, March 30th.
Many questions have come up about the banners and a list of frequently asked questions are as follows
- How do I place an order? You can get to the PTSA website and place your order online or print off the order form and turn it in at the front office. The link is
- How much do banners cost? As of January 2018, the 2' X 3' banners are $40 and the 2'X 6' banners are $75.
- What can I have printed on the small banners? The smaller banners have room for a salutation Examples include "Love, Mom and Dad", "Love, Your Family", "Go Gators", Go Bulls", "Charge On"
- What can I have printed on Large Banners? Large banners include a photo of your Senior and a quote.
- What picture should I use? Any high resolution picture will work on the Senior Banners. This could be a baby picture, a favorite picture from when your child was growing up or a Senior picture.
- I want a large banner but I'm not sure about what quote to use. Should I wait to turn in the order form? Turn in your form ASAP. You will be contacted for the remaining information as the deadline approaches.
- Where will the banners be placed? The banners will be hung throughout the hallways of the 200 and 300 buildings and the cafeteria.
- Can I choose where I want my students banner to hang? All those who placed their orders by October 31, 2017 will choose where they would like their banners placed. All other orders will be placed randomly in the 200 or 300 hallways.
- When will the banners go up? Banners will go up after school April 13.
- How long will banners be up? The banners will come down Friday April 27 in order to get them back to the students before AP exams.
- How do we get our banners? Banners will be returned to students during their lunch periods from April 30 to May 3. Any remaining banners can be picked up at Senior meeting on May 4.
- What help is needed with banners? Your help is greatly appreciated for hanging and/or taking down the banners. Bring your ladders!!
If you have any questions or need any more information please contact Maura Weins at 813-541-3739 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to those of you who have joined the Steinbrenner PTSA this year! Your membership dues directly supports Steinbrenner students and teachers by providing amazing programs. Some of these programs include Freshman Camp/Orientation, Student Ambassadors, Senior events and scholarships, student incentives, and teacher grants. Please help your Steinbrenner PTSA continue these great programs by joining online through the Steinbrenner PTSA website at:
Complete a form and make your
check payable to: Steinbrenner PTSA.
You may drop off your form and payment in the Main Office or mail it to: Steinbrenner High School, 5575 W. Lutz Lake Fern Road, Lutz, FL 33558.
If you have any questions, please email: GSHSPTSAmembership@gmail.com.
Make sure to include your student's 2nd period teacher on your form so Membership Cards can be sent home. If your student does not have a 2nd period teacher, please indicate which teacher you would like cards to be sent to.
**Seniors who are interested in applying for a PTSA scholarship must join the PTSA by December 31 to be eligible for co
Forms are also available in the front
Do you do a lot of shopping on Amazon
Shop on Amazon Smile and Amazon will now donate .5% of your purchase to the Steinbrenner PTSA!
Just go to http://smile.amazon.com on your web browseror mobile device and select Steinbrenner High PTSA. Tens of millions of products are eligible for donations. You will get the
exact same shopping experience that you normally get on Amazon, except with the added bonus of Amazon donating to our organization.
Want to subscribe to the newsletter?
Send us your email or return this form:
If you are the parent of a graduating senior or are no longer affiliated with Steinbrenner High School & no longer wish to receive our e-newsletters, please click on the unsubscribe link below or send an email requesting to be removed to:
Please Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
George Steinbrenner High School Athletic Booster Club
George Steinbrenner High School Athletic Booster Club's primary purpose is to serve the student athlete and build athletic excellence. We encourage student participation in athletics. Our involvement includes:
- Providing college scholarships
- Providing valuable coaching clinics, trainings & One Million Dollars in insurance for 25 coaches
- Funding the various annual Athletic Director conferences
- Raising money for ALL sports to purchase supplies, equipment, uniforms and/or capital items beyond what the school budget provides
- Managing all teams' raised funds, maintaining fiscal stewardship of the money
- Supporting facility improvements for ALL sports and promoting a vision for the future
DAD'S CLUB INFO
Dad's Club is gearing up
for this year & we need you!
If interested in joining Dad's Club, contact Bill Gibbs at email@example.com.
Coach Crumbley has a supply of uniforms if still needed for $10 each