There's still time to register for tomorrow's webinar, A Comprehensive Care Management Model: Care Coordination for Complex Patients, which will highlight AltaMed Health Services' phased approach to developing a comprehensive care management model to coordinate care for complex patients, including dual eligibles with chronic conditions.
The first step in developing the model was studying the utilization patterns and the demographic make-up of the population, according to Shameka Coles, director, medical management, AltaMed Health Services Corporation, a 23-site, multi-speciality physician organization in Southern California that has been designated by the Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home and is the largest federally qualified health center in the United States.
During A Comprehensive Care Management Model: Care Coordination for Complex Patients, a May 6th, 2015 webinar at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Ms. Coles will share the key steps in developing this care management model, including details on how it was rolled out across its highest-risk patients and preliminary results achieved from this model.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn:
- How AltaMed engages and activates its members into the care management model;
- The key members of the inter-disciplinarian care team, their roles and responsibilities and where AltaMed learned it needed to up-staff after doing its population assessment;
- The details on how AltaMed aligned its care management model with its care management system, PCMH requirements, the Triple Aim measures and health plan compliance requirements;
- The impact the re-designed care management model has had on HEDIS measures, preventive care measures and inpatient metrics, including bed days, length of stay and readmissions; and
- The key lessons learned by AltaMed during this process, including staff training requirements, model revisions, documentation and standardization and how to support staffing ratios.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Shameka Coles during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your questions and challenges on developing an effective care coordination model for complex patients.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of A Comprehensive Care Management Model: Care Coordination for Complex Patients, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources: