"I don't have time!"
"I'll do it later."
"It's not a priority."
"It's a gory topic!"
"I'm going to live forever!"
"I don't have enough money."
How often have you made these excuses for just about anything that could affect your future and that of your loved ones?
A person's passing is stressful enough on loved ones. Why not take some time now to make it less stressful upon your own passing?
That's why August is National Make a Will Month. There is still time to realize the opportunity we have to bring peace of mind to those you care about and to take action on it.
And if you have no will when you pass away? Do you really want to rely on the state to determine how your assets are distributed? That's a long, expensive process. Plus, chances are the state will not distribute the money the way you would like. Are there children, siblings, spouses, ex-spouses, previous children of spouses? Talk about stress!
Here are some tips from AARP and the National Foundation for Cancer Research on how to simplify the process:
- Use caution when considering online or fill-in-the blank wills. You could leave out critical information and may wind up costing more money and time for your family.
- You don't have to be wealthy to leave a will.
- Creating a proper will is one of the best ways to make sure you leave the legacy you want. Take control!
- If you already have a will, review it every couple of years, updating it with new assets and making necessary changes.
- Also review the executor, the person who administers your will according to your wishes. Make sure that you still trust the person.
Part of our job is to maintain the finest community resources for our clients. Paladin Life Care has relationships with quality attorneys whose focus is wills, trusts and estates. Let us assist you in making the right choice for your needs.
Give us a call. We are here to help.