Please join us today, by emailing, calling or posting on FB and/or Twitter, urging the Governor not to sign into law Wiener & Skinner's misguided, draconian bills.
@CAGovenor, @GavinNewsom, @Ann_OLeary
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Select from these messages to Stop SB 330
* Stop Sen. Nancy Skinner's SB 330, which strips land-use power from cities, giving it to for-profit developers. It kills key public hearings that result in affordable units & green space. Pls do not sign this bill!
* SB 330 cripples public testimony on luxury projects, slashing City & neighborhood hearings. It silences Neighborhood Councils who fight hard for affordable housing! Pls do not sign this bill!
* SB 330 bans all plans that decrease luxury housing density, unless a city "upzones" another area. So downzoning for parks will punish another crowded area - by adding density there. Pls do not sign this bill!
Select from these messages to Stop SB 592
* SB 592 is a terrible plan to let developers overrun communities with pricey buildings, gentrifying low-income & starter-home areas we must protect. Wiener's bill doesn't require ONE unit of affordable housing. Pls Oppose!
* Please oppose SB 592 by Wiener: If a city rejects a luxury apartment too big for a site, developers can sue, arguing that the city hurt their profits! SB 592 requires NO affordable units. It's a system for litigious developers. Pls stop it!
* Under Wiener's SB 592, a developer can demolish a 1,200 sq-ft home to build a mansion as long as it contains a luxury mini-unit. This is not housing we need! Pls oppose!
* In Wiener's bill SB 592, luxury developers can ignore zoning codes in California. Large apartments can be squeezed on small parcels, ignoring setbacks, height or planning rules. Pls Oppose!
* Wiener is wrong, please don't join him! Bills that silence diverse neighborhoods SHOULDN'T rush thru via gut-and-amend. SB 592 does not require ONE affordable unit. The fine print is key. Pls oppose!