Today's Conference Call with the County Emergency Response Department yielded the following information:
- Today and tomorrow's storms seem to be the combination of two different storms
- Jury is still out as to the impact on power lines and therefore, power outages
- Wind is not a factor (not predicted yet) but they are waiting to determine the density of ice and snow, then Central Hudson will estimate and share that information on a call with elected officials
- They are predicting the WORST ICE STORM to be after midnight tonight affecting early morning road conditions.
- Extra personnel will be in the Emergency Response Department by 5:00 a.m.
- Storm warning is in effect until Tuesday at 7 a.m.
- There will be another update mid-morning tomorrow
Stay tuned. We will keep you posted regarding any information we receive.
(917) 539-1660 cell