As explained in the above-linked racer packages, there are few notable pre-race details to be aware of:
- All racers will need to bring their bikes to the
pre-race bike drops
prior to checking in at the race site. Details on the locations are provided in your racer package. PLEASE NOTE - the locations differ between Saturday and Sunday!
- FYI for Trek and Trek Elite racers, you will be allowed to leave a team finish line bag at the bike drop (just 1 bag per team please!) We'll be shuttling you back from an off-site finish, so this will allow you to have some dry clothes to put on.
- The bike drop opens at 6:00am on Saturday, and 'Trek Elite' racers should be there for then or very soon after. 'Trek' racers must have their bikes dropped by no later than 9:00am.
- On Sunday, 'Hike' racers must be through bike drop by no later than 8:30am. Racers in the Sunday event should give themselves extra time to account for the drive between the Bike Drop and Check-In.
- Once your bikes are dropped, those who are bringing their own canoes and kayaks may unload them at Head Lake Park prior to checking in at the AJ LaRue Arena. Those teams who booked a canoe rental with their registration must proceed first to the Arena to check in.
- Good news on the parking front - the lot construction at the AJ LaRue Arena is now complete, and there are now many more spaces available. There won't be enough for all racer vehicles, but definitely more than last year. The racer info packages outline other nearby parking options.