Welcome to the new year!
Many of our staff will still be working remotely for a while, but the new semester preparations are underway. Students will be coming back, online and on campus. It’s an exciting time, and I want us to start the semester with what really matters…
At the conclusion of our December division town hall, we saw what connection is all about. Kelly invited us to type something we were celebrating personally or as colleagues into the Zoom chat field, and that thing just exploded! There were so many shout-outs and expressions of gratitude for each other and for individual acts of service, kindness, and dedication that, honestly, I felt like bursting with pride. I cannot list all of them here, so I selected a handful of the shout-outs that seemed to capture what we accomplished last year and why we matter to each other.
- I celebrate the amazing team I get to work with on a daily and weekly basis. I know that they have my back when I start to feel overburdened.
- The collaboration between departments in this division is wonderful! Too many examples to list but it is amazing to be a part of.
- Admissions team hosted a successful first ever virtual event for Experience ISU!
- Registrar staff are reporting 100 more graduation applications than normal!
- Orientation is expanding ways for students to stay connected, in virtual environments!
- Financial Aid staff have processed over $3M in CARES funding to our students.
- I am in awe with the great work the enrollment group has done and accomplished this year and look forward to their great accomplishments moving forward!
- Trio has been rocking their outreach to students, really making sure their students stay in touch with resources. Awesome work!
- Counseling Center staff is rocking it.. Thanks!
- Thanks to all of you that have taken on more duties and responsibilities!
- I love the way everyone has been tackling the challenges. Positive, positive, positive!
- Equity and Inclusion has had quite a whirlwind of a year with changing regulations, but have met this challenge at every opportunity. Great job!
- Thanks to our custodial staff who work so hard to keep us safe and clean!
- So proud of our Financial Aid staff who have not missed a beat in keeping up with answering phones and emails from students and processing documents as they come in while working remotely.
- Love this group of people, couldn't imagine a better group to go through a pandemic with. :-)
- From one of my favorite books: "We all lift this bridge together."
- I love how positive the atmosphere of the Student Affairs division has been and how well it is maintained!
- So much, every moment to cherish being alive!
I am in awe of the staff in the division of Student Affairs. We have a great team, and I am looking forward to everything we will accomplish together in 2021!
Roar, team Roar!