Sturgis Library will reopen for curbside service on Monday, November 23rd, 2020, and then open for in-person service the following week starting Monday, November 30th, 2020.
Staff have quarantined for more than the recommended 10-14 days, and are looking forward to helping you find the books and other Library materials that you need.
Returning to curbside-only service for a week will allow staff time to check in all the library materials that have been returned in the book drop for the past two weeks, and to check in materials delivered through the inter-library delivery service. It will also allow us to shelve the materials and get the library back in order before opening our doors for in-person service.
- During the first week, curbside service will be available from 10 am to around 3:45 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Staff will call you to arrange for pickup of your library materials. Please wait for their call if you can to cut down on the number of calls we receive.
- If you would like to reserve materials or request particular titles, you can place holds through the CLAMS system. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests.
- When you come to pick up your materials curbside, you MUST wear a mask and stay socially distant from other library patrons. If you are unwell in any way, please stay home.
- You will not accrue fines for materials returned during our closure.
Starting November 30th, we plan to reopen for in-person service from 10 am to 3 pm Monday through Saturday. Curbside service will also be available for those that prefer it.
With infection rates rising in Massachusetts and elsewhere, we would ask that all patrons be extra diligent about wearing masks properly, keeping your hands clean, and staying home if you feel unwell.
If you have questions about our closure or our reopening plans, please contact Library Director Lucy Loomis at email@example.com.