On behalf of ANAC, I invite you to submit an abstract and be a part of the world's leading conference for nurses and others involved in HIV/AIDS care and related co-morbidities. We realize that the situation with COVID-19 is continuously changing and has a lot of us unsure of future events. However, we are proceeding with planning our conference in November. We are closely monitoring the situation and will communicate any changes.
ANAC seeks abstracts for oral concurrent sessions, symposia, posters and student posters. Authors are invited to submit abstracts that relate to the following conference objectives:
- Discuss innovative biomedical, psychosocial and behavioral research in HIV, with an emphasis on:
- Co-occurring conditions
- Inequities in HIV incidence and health outcomes
- End of life and palliative care
- Prevention and wellness
- Self-care for nurses
- Social determinants
- Symptom management
- Describe innovations in HIV prevention and treatment that support the National HIV/AIDS Strategy and the Ending the Epidemic plan.
- Illustrate the impact of nurses and other healthcare professionals in addressing HIV in global settings.
- Build capacity of nurses and other healthcare professionals to effectively engage in advocacy and health policy for people affected by HIV.
- Describe the impact of COVID-19 on nurses, healthcare, communities and people affected by HIV.
- Examine inequities in HIV incidence and outcomes, healthcare or social determinants of health.
- Identify the important roles of nurses and nurse leadership in the context of 2021 as the Year of the Nurse.
- Enhance the capacity of nurses and other healthcare professionals to identify, treat, and care for people with and at risk for HIV.
The theme of ANAC 2021 is Year of the Nurse: A Call to Action
New policy: To simplify the abstract submission process, completing paperwork for continuing education will only be required if your abstract is accepted for presentation.
I encourage you to submit an abstract. As you know, the heart and soul of ANAC's conference are the presentations by our members and colleagues. I know that our members are doing great work every day, and we all have knowledge, skills and experiences that we can share. ANAC's conference is a remarkable venue in which to showcase your important work. Please share this with your colleagues and encourage them to submit their work as well.