|The Panthers Special Olympics 3-on-3 Unified Team won a gold medal at the Belton Basketball Tournament on Jan. 5. Read more
Teacher and Support Staff Employee of the Year
District seeks nomination letters
The Ray-Pec School District is seeking nominations for the 2019 Teacher of the Year and Support Staff Employee of the Year. A banquet on April 10 will honor the award finalists.
Anyone may nominate a teacher by submitting a letter of nomination by Feb. 1. A candidate must:
For the Support Staff award, you may nominate a full-time or part-time employee who
- Be a full-time teacher, librarian, or counselor.
- Be returning to teach in 2019-2020 in the District.
- Have completed 3 or more years teaching at Ray-Pec.
- Be effective and innovative in the classroom.
has worked at least one year for the District. The deadline is also Feb. 1.
Examples of eligible employees include: accompanist, accounts payable, buildings and grounds, child care, child nutrition, crossing guards, lunch monitors, media assistants, paraprofessionals, Panther Cub Academy, payroll, safety and security, secretaries, teacher aides, and technology.
Send letters of nomination to:
Ray-Pec Teacher of the Year/Support Staff Employee of the Year program, Administrative Services Center, P.O. Box 789, Peculiar, MO 64078 or to Michele Stidham, Communication Director, at
Students may be evaluated for gifted program
LEAP nominations accepted through Jan. 28
Logic, Enrichment, and Academic Pursuit (LEAP) is an intervention program for students who have been identified as gifted learners. The Raymore-Peculiar LEAP program serves gifted students in grades 2-8.
Students must meet qualifying levels on identified assessments to participate in LEAP.
A student is required to qualify in three of these four areas:
- Academic Achievement: A student must score at or above the 95th percentile on a standardized achievement test.
- Intellectual Ability: A student must score at or above the 95th percentile on an acceptable IQ test.
- Reasoning, and Problem-solving Ability: A student must score at or above the 95th percentile on an acceptable Reasoning and Problem-solving test.
- Other Documentation: A student must receive a superior score on an acceptable measure that documents characteristics of gifted children and provides evidence of exceptional performance; or have participated in a previous gifted program.
Each year, parents or teachers may nominate students in grades 1-7 for candidacy to be evaluated for LEAP. Nominations must be submitted by Jan. 28.
School Board filing period ends Jan. 15
Four candidates have filed to run for two available seats
As of Jan. 10, four people have filed to be candidates in the April 2, 2019, School Board election. The candidates are: Susan Edmonsond, Joyce Noah, Bill Lowe, and Aaron Howlett.
The filing period continues through Tuesday, Jan. 15, for qualified individuals interested in seeking a position on the Board.
There are two (2) positions available with three-year terms. Board members whose terms expire in 2019 are Susan Edmonsond and Bill Lowe.
Board Candidate Filing