In the Assumption way, many have asked what they can do to support our students. Below is a handy reference list of some resources developed over the past weeks to continue important services such as counseling and tutoring in the remote environment.
Whether a faculty member, coach, work study supervisor, resident director, or librarian, your connections and outreach with students matter.
One by one by one we will continue to show students we are
Student Accessibility Services
- If faculty have a student registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and believe that the switch to remote learning is creating a barrier to learning or accessing the curriculum, please let SAS know. They are currently reviewing students’ accommodations as necessary and are updating in accordance with the new remote online format.
- If a student discloses they have a disability and are not registered with SAS, but the switch to remote online learning is creating a barrier to learning or access to the curriculum, please encourage students to complete this form and SAS will contact them.
CDIC Services and Resources
- Drop-in appointments: Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. via Zoom that can be accessed here. Students can “drop-in” and virtually meet with a staff member to discuss topics including resumes, cover letters, job/internship search, post-graduate plans and more!
- Student appointments available via Zoom: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Students can make an appointment here. Students in any major can remotely meet with staff to discuss interview preparation/mock interviews, internship/job/postgraduate service and graduate school search, resume reviews, choosing a major/minor, exploring career paths, LinkedIn, internship/job offer questions and more.
- Handshake: Assumption's recruiting website is available to students 24/7. With more than 7,500 job and internship opportunities currently available, students can search and apply for positions while at home.
- CDIC Edge: CDIC’s website give students access to how-to videos, blogs, sample resume/cover letters and additional resources.
- If faculty, staff or students have questions, please feel free to contact the CDIC.