It’s Real: Teens and Mental Health
Intended for high school classes or community settings with groups of teens, ages from 14 to 18, It’s Real: Teens and Mental Health is a 45-minute program that provides young people with mental health education and resources. The program raises awareness about mental health issues, how to start a conversation about mental health, the importance of self-care, and how to reach out for help.
Attendees Will Learn:
● What mental health is and how it's both
similar and different from, physical health.
● How to notice signs of someone needing help.
● Tips and strategies for having a conversation
with someone they might be worried about.
● Methods of self-care for mind,
body, soul, and surroundings.
● Examples of trustworthy resources.
● How reaching out to trusted adults can
help teens manage their mental health.
Find It's Real events by visiting American Foundation for Suicide Prevention