Hello Camp Henry Families, 

We wanted to check in with all of you to provide an update and to let you know of a few things that are continuing to guide and inform our decisions about the upcoming summer.

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has been collaborating with the American Camp Association, the Christian Camp and Conference Association, and the Association of Camp Nurses to develop guidelines, best practices, and recommendations for the re-opening and operation of summer camps. It is anticipated that these recommendations will be made prior to the end of April. These recommendations will be significant in helping to determine how camps will be able to move forward this summer.

In addition to getting this guidance from the CDC, we would also like to hear from you, our camp families.

We would like to ask that between now and next Tuesday that you would please click here to participate in our Summer Camper and Family Survey .  You input will be really helpful and will significantly inform our decisions as we move closer to the summer and as we navigate the path forward together.

We are continuing to plan and prepare for summer camp and we remain hopeful and optimistic. We are grateful for your patience and continued support. We can't wait until we are able to welcome campers back to the Shores of Old Lake Kimball. 

Looking forward to warmer and brighter days ahead, 

Camp Henry
Frequently Asked Questions

Health & Safety:
The health and safety of our campers, as well as our staff, is of the utmost importance at Camp Henry. 
As an American Camp Association Accredited camp, we already have a robust Camper Health Plan in place. We are reviewing all of our camp protocols. This includes looking at how campers and staff will be screened before coming to camp, our basic hygiene procedures, our housekeeping and cleaning practices, our plans to keep camp families informed, and additional training and orientation for our staff. 
As we mentioned above, we are awaiting guidelines from the CDC, which will shape how we move forward.

Payment deadline:
As we move closer to the start of summer camp, we want to remind families of the final payment deadline of May 5. Please watch out for balance due information in the coming week from our staff.   If you have questions or concerns in regards to making payments at this time, please don’t hesitate to contact Leigha Oberle at leighao@camphenry.org or 616.717.5562.

Inquiries about cancellations:
With the start of camp months away, we are continuing our preparations for summer camp as usual. We’re hiring staff, prepping our programs, developing our theme content, and perfecting our campfire skits.
Our recommendation is to hang tight and stay with us. Our current $100 cancellation fee does not change until June 1st. If we make the hard decision to cancel or postpone summer camp, we will provide a range of options for your family to consider, including a full refund. 
If you’re no longer able to afford camp, have concerns about sending your camper from out of state, or have concerns for your immunocompromised camper - please reach out to Leigha Oberle at leighao@camphenry.org or 616-717-5562 to talk through your options. Leigha is working away from camp and is checking her voicemails regularly in order to get back with you quickly.

When will a decision on summer camp cancellation or postponement be made?
Stay tuned! We're grateful for your patience and will continue to provide more information to our summer camp families as this situation unfolds and new guidelines and executive orders are issued.

Contacting camp:
For summer related questions, please reach out to Leigha Oberle at leighao@camphenry.org or 616.717.5562. 

For any other inquiries, please contact us at 616-459-2267 or info@camphenry.org
616-459-2267 | info@CAMPHENRY.ORG