June 21, 2018
Dear Trinity Church Family,
We are praising God for the growth in our worship attendance in recent months, including record attendance of 660 and 670 adults in worship on two recent Sundays. Aside from Christmas and Easter celebrations, those are the largest Sunday worship attendances ever at Trinity! In addition, for the past 8-10 Sundays, God has given us an average of 125-150 more worshippers per Sunday as compared to the same period last year. We praise God for His continued grace and blessing on the growth of our worship and ministry together.
We are also grateful for God's faithfulness in providing the financial resources for our congregation's growing ministry and missions commitments. At their December 2017 meeting, your Elders approved a budget for 2018 that represents a decrease of 4% over the prior year. This was made possible primarily due to "administration" budget savings. The result is that our 2018 budget for missions and ministry operating expenses has decreased to approximately $165,000 per month. Because our budget has always been faith-based, we continue to trust God for His provision through the generous giving of His people.
One of our purposes for sending this letter is to let you know our financial status through the end of May.
- Our 2018 budget through May 31 is $825,625
- Actual expenses through May 31 are $731,358
- Actual giving through May 31 is $708,889 (This amount reflects that though giving for the months of April and May was very good, January-March giving was below normal.)
At their regular June meeting this coming Tuesday evening, June 26, your Elders will spend time praying together about the year-to-date shortfall in giving compared to budget and expenses. Because summer giving is usually less than other times of the year, we are asking each of you to join us in doing the following:
1) Pray daily that God will provide all that is needed to meet our church's ministry and missions commitments. Pray also that He will lead each individual and family in our congregation to be faithful and sacrificial in their giving through the remainder of the summer. "And God will meet all your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
2) Continue to be consistent and generous in your giving to Trinity this summer.
"But as you excel in everything... see that you also excel in this grace of giving." II Corinthians 8:7
3) Continue to be faithful in your weekly worship attendance, whether at home or away.
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." Hebrews 10:25
We would also like to report that, as of this past Sunday, June 17, a total of $3,016,450 has already been received (cash on-hand) toward our "Building Up, Living It Out" Vision. To God be the glory! As announced in our recent building June "Update", here are some key dates:
- June 25-29: Fencing off construction perimeter!
- Sunday, July 1: Prayer gathering on the Plaza!
- Monday, July 2: Site-work begins!
- June 2019: Project completion!
If you are new to Trinity in recent months, please visit our Trinity website and click on the "Building Up, Living It Out" icon where you'll find the Vision brochure, video, and other helpful items. Copies of the brochure are also available on the tables in the Lobby of the Worship Center.
Finally, please remember to pray daily for God's grace and blessing on the 270+ kids and 200+ servant-helpers who will be participating in our "Mission Possible" Vacation Bible School next week (June 25-29)!
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21
Loving and Trusting Our Savior,
Art Renney (Chair) and Randy Larson, Finance Elders
For the Elders of Trinity Community Church
Ways to Give
Online (One-Time or Recurring) Gift
Online Giving allows for a secure, convenient way to give, via a direct debit from your checking account or credit card. You can choose a one-time gift or recurring donation.
To Give Online, simply click the link below to get started.
Trinity does not encourage the use of borrowed credit that leads to acquired debt.
You can mail your support to:
Trinity Community Church, 12168 N. Willow Ave., Clovis, CA 93619
Interested in giving through texting directly from your mobile phone?
For details and assistance:
to view our "Text-to-Give" Step-by-Step Guide.