District 196 is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for students, families, employees and visitors to our buildings. As some regulations and the mask executive order expire, these changes result in a shift to individuals and families taking more personal responsibility for their own health and safety and less enforcement from the district. Please be aware of the following guidance:
- Although the Minnesota Department of Health Decision Tree still guides people to self-quarantine and self-isolate when they are sick, the district is no longer required to enforce isolations, quarantines or testing.
- Everyone is strongly recommended to stay home if you are ill.
- Continue to report positive COVID-19 cases to Community Education, email email@example.com or call 651-423-7920.
- Federal mandate requires masks/face coverings to be worn on all public transportation and school vehicles, except when it becomes a safety hazard (e.g. extreme heat).
- Social distance is recommended whenever possible.
To lower your risk, consider the following: