San Gabriel, Calif. - San Gabriel’s popular annual summer entertainment series returns with free concerts, movies and a beach-themed block party, providing residents and guests with plenty of family-friendly fun and free experiences to enjoy on southern California’s cool summer nights.
The summer series will kick off with the city’s annual block party “Surf’s Up - Summer Kick Off” in the Mission District. Mission Drive in the historic district will make way for beach-themed festivities and turn into a family-friendly street party on June 16 from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The event will feature a live concert filled with Beach Boys tribute tunes by Woody & The Longboards; food trucks offering a variety of delicious bites; as well as fun games and activities for children. A beer and wine garden by L.A. favorite PEZ Cantina will also offer beer, wine and margaritas available for purchase by adults looking for a refreshing sip.
In addition to Surf’s Up, residents and visitors are invited to bring a blanket and enjoy free concerts and outdoor movies throughout San Gabriel on most Thursdays in June and July:
- Thursday, June 23 at 7 p.m.: Jennifer Keith sextet concert at the Mission Playhouse
- Thursday, June 30 at 7 p.m.: Latin concert featuring Drive Band at Vincent Lugo Park
- Thursday, June 30 at 8:30 p.m.: Encanto movie at Vincent Lugo Park
- Thursday, July 14 at 7 p.m.: Kids concert featuring Wacko the Magician and Kids Imagine Nation at Vincent Lugo Park
- Thursday, July 14 at 8:30 p.m.: Sing 2 movie at Vincent Lugo Park
- Thursday, July 21 at 7 p.m.: Jazz concert featuring Phat Cat Swinger at the Mission Playhouse
- Thursday, July 28 at 7 p.m.: Top 40 concert featuring Forward Motion Band at Marshall Park
- Thursday, July 28 at 8:30 p.m.: Jumanji movie at Marshall Park
For more information about these free summer events, please visit SanGabrielCity.com/Summer.