May 18, 2020
Dear SunCoast friends and family,
It is hard to imagine that it was three years ago that we were installed as your pastors at SunCoast MCC. So much has happened in those three years. We have accomplished a lot and had some losses. None of us would have predicted that this pandemic would be part of our history!
When we think of what makes SunCoast strong during a pandemic, a few things jump out to us. They are the same things that have built SunCoast into the most loving, committed, passionate congregation we could ever hope for. Engaged, committed, devoted congregants; caring people loving each other; generous, giving members and friends especially when needs arise; and the strength of the volunteers all come to mind. Even during this time, your generosity, participation and your volunteerism continue to hold us together. Behind the scenes so much is still happening…
- Worship preparation and musicians recording
- Landscaping folks who continue to maintain and beautify the grounds
- Counting and recording of finances every week
- Board of Directors regular check-ins
- Board submitting applications for loans and grants
- Drive by blessing
- Music Director search committee
- Re-open team sending out a survey, monitoring safety precautions and developing procedures
- Folks supporting CHAPS
- Folks mailing or dropping off offerings
- Communications and media keeping us connected
- Starting FaceBook Sanctuary
- Programs like Bible study classes, Prayer Surge and Trivia
- Congregational Care check-in phone calls
- Your phone calls to and from each other
- Supporters paying for recent incidentals, such as, shampooing the carpets in the sanctuary, reparing leak in the church steeple, and cost to enhance our technologies
- Much more...
Overall, we are one blessed congregation! Thinking about both the present activities and reminiscing about our times together over the past three years makes us miss you even more. Stay well and healthy!
Grace, Love and Peace,
Rev. Vickie Miller | Rev. Nancy Wilson