Dear SunTrekker,
After careful consideration, due to the forecast of adverse weather tomorrow, we are postponing SunTrekker to our backup date of Saturday Sept 7th, 2019 (next Saturday) .

Safety of runners/volunteers is of paramount importance as well as the enjoyment of the event experience itself. We are concerned in particular about lightning as squally thunderstorms and heavy rain is forecast. Rather than leaving this to the last minute, we thought it prudent to make this decision now and give all parties a chance to make other weekend plans (including participants, volunteers, first aid teams and F&B providers). We understand some may be disappointed but this decision has not been made lightly.

Anyone who cannot make the event on Saturday 7th can transfer their entry free of charge to another person (see below).

If you are unable to make it or transfer you will still be able to receive your runner gifts (arrangements to be advised). Please let us know you will not be joining so we can amend our food order and reduce waste.

We look forward to hopefully, better weather, and seeing you on the 7th September, when the long range weather forecast appears more favourable. We have a new special gift (in addition to your backpack) which we will announce next week.

If you can no longer make our event, you may make a substitution (this is free).

1) If you registered through the SunTrekker registration page you can make your substitution via your confirmation email (link contained within).
2) If you registered when you signed up for MoonTrekker, you can email: to let them know (they will cancel your registration and send you a new link to register your substitute.

We thank you for your understanding and patience and look forward to awesome event next week. Please share this update with any friends that have signed up.

Thank you

Tim and William
Supported by: T8, MOA New Zealand Craft Beer and Cider, MOA Adventure Club Joint Dynamics and Redback Coffee. Food from Beyond Meat and Hemingway’s by the Bay.