Hope Church Family,
Our week of VBS begins this Sunday, July 24. A lot of work has been done to get ready for this exciting and important week. I’m grateful for the staff and volunteers who have given countless hours towards preparing for VBS. As we anticipate all that God is going to do over this next week, I believe it’s important that we take time to pray.
Here are 5 ways you can be praying for VBS.
Please commit to pray throughout the week:
• Pray for open hearts. Ask God to begin preparing kid’s hearts, softening them and opening them to take in the “seeds” of God’s Word (Matthew 13). Pray that those who don’t know Jesus will put their faith and trust in Him.
• Pray for great friendships. When VBS kids build friendships with other kids and loving adults, it creates an open door for them to begin or deepen their friendship with Jesus. Ask that each kid present will form a great friendship during the week.
• Pray for the staff and volunteers. Pray for health, strength, energy and joy for all those who will be serving. Ask God to pour His wisdom into the leaders as they interact with kids, giving them the right words and actions to reflect the heart of God.
• Pray for sunshine & safety: Pray for a week of good weather, that everyone stays healthy and for safety during all activities.
• Pray that Jesus would be glorified through all that happens: This week ultimately is about Jesus. Pray that all we do would honor Him.
Thanks for praying!